WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this watch but Sinn needs to increase the power reserve. Especially after they've increased their prices. Maybe I'm just spoiled with 55 hours and 70 hours. Anyone else agree?

Also, I wore my watch for 10 hours with moderate activity and tested the power reserve and got 24 hours before it died. Is that possible? I know there are a lot of factors with movement of the wrist but I think I was fairly active. I just got it back from service primarily because of this issue...and I don't want to send it back again. I might just have to keep this on a winder.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is your watch? If I’m not mistaken the power reserve should be closer to 38 hours regardless of if it is Selitta or ETA. The current watch is a SW200-1. You should definitely try a full hand winding of your watch and test it again.

It's a year old with the SW200-1. Yeah, I just did a full hand wind (about 30 turns) and I'm checking that. Maybe I'm just not as active as I thought lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
If it can’t hold the 38 hours then it needs to be sent back.

I also WISH that Sinn had longer power reserves offered, BUT I realize the value there is in using mass produced “workhorse” movements. And those manufacturers are somewhat resting on their laurels and not pushing the limits with their products. Why isn’t there a SW200-3, SW200-4, etc with upgrades to its power reserve...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
There are some other minor issues as well that Sinn needs to update, but still a solid watch.

1. Lume
2. Hand length, needs another mm to hit the track.
3. Clasp.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,667 Posts
My 556i has no issue with reserve. I can put it up this evening, wear my Tutima tomorrow, and the following morning the Sinn is still running and ready for wear

If it does not check out after hand winding, it needs to be in the hands of a watchmaker

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are some other minor issues as well that Sinn needs to update, but still a solid watch.

1. Lume
2. Hand length, needs another mm to hit the track.
3. Clasp.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree! I love my 556 I but if I had to change anything along with the power reserve it would be those 3.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I get around 40 hours from my ETA movements from a full wind a little less from the Sellitas. My watches are never at full wind though as i tend to wind them just enough to get them started and let the rotor do the rest.

24 hours sounds about right if you're not fulling winding it, but like someone else said id wind it to full and leave it see how long you get from it.

things I think Sinn need to change with the 556

Better Lume (BGW9 would look great)
Remove outer AR coating
Extend the minute hand

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think aesthetically speaking, it is an icon and they will likely not change the hands. But they can definitely improve on the lume, movement, clasp, and how about HALF LINKS?!?!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get rid of the useless, clanky diver extension. First thing I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, I did not know you could do that...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update. My Sinn is running over 40 hours (still running, but will probably stop in the next hour or so lol) after a full hand wind. I guess I'm just not active enough throughout the day. And someone also mentioned there's a bit of dead travel before the rotor actually winds the mainspring with the SW200-1. I'll just have to hand wind it from time to time. :/

·
Registered
230 Posts
Completely agree. 70 hours is so convenient. And get rid of the divers extension and invest in a better clasp.
Is it a divers extension? I’ve heard numerous people state the purpose is so that it can be worn on the outside of clothing like a jacket etc.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it a divers extension? I’ve heard numerous people state the purpose is so that it can be worn on the outside of clothing like a jacket etc.
Same concept.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get rid of the useless, clanky diver extension. First thing I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question. I can never get a good fit on these H link bracelets. Does removing the extension change the length? Meaning, it can be manipulated to give you a different size? If you get what I mean...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts