WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My first decent timepiece was a Speedy Pro, cal. 1861 that I bought ~20 years ago. It had the older style stainless steel bracelet, which was decent - but it never really spoke to me. Had the watch for ~4-5 years, then eventually flipped it towards a 5 digit serial GMT II.

Fast-forward to last year, I had the itch for another Speedy and decided to walk into a local Omega boutique here in Seattle. I was dead set on getting one on a black leather strap (just like George Clooney's in The American). Longer story short, the did not have one on site in that configuration, but they had the strap + deployant combo there and a Hesalite Speedy on stainless. They offered me a very good discount, and I was sold!

So the other day, I get the idea to put my Speedy into rotation - however, it has been damn warm here in Seattle lately!!! I had this watch on a black Omega NATO, which does a little better in the heat than the alligator leather, but I decided to try on the stainless bracelet. I did let them size it for me at the boutique when I purchased it, despite having proper tools at home (one of the benefit of buying at the boutique anyway, right?!). I get the watch cleaned up, bracelet installed, and WOW!!! - It just looks great to me now! I don't know what it is exactly about the aesthetics, but whatever it is has me totally hooked 馃槑

5090F7E8-42C6-4C81-AE36-91869D78F9A3.jpeg
2067C4CC-FD57-449F-B33A-FBA96361FF18.jpeg
AD890E51-E197-4092-85DD-65D002B11817.jpeg

Registered
I bought my first Speedy about 6 months ago but haven鈥檛 bothered taking the plastic off and sizing the bracelet. Still loving it on a variety of straps and NATOs.

I might change my mind after seeing yours on the metal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts