WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished to resize this gorgeous thing.. :p 6105 itch successfully scratched :-! with no deposit needed and no months of wait, strapped on my hairy wrist 72h after the payment and could not be more happy... the Smiths diver is a beauty to wear and to behold. :p
Watch oozes quality and you've got to handle it in metal to appreciate how beautifully executed it is, the attention to detail is paramount.
Believe it or not, 485 pounds + shipping is a BARGAIN price for a German made watch!

No need to post or say congrats here guys, just wanted to give credit to the man behind, thanks again for the A+++++ service Eddie, you are an AWESOME guy to deal with! ;-)

Just few crappy shots I took this morning but be warned.. pics don't do real justice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Congratulations bud that is one stunning watch��, a great homage to the 6105 and like you said a beautiful German made case... Oh and you weren't kidding bout the hairy wrist! ��

Reactions: vokotin

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Congrats Bro! PRS-68 looks great on your VERY hairy wrist. Sooooo does that mean that something else will be hitting the sales floor soon? Thanks for the pics and impressions.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Congrats on the pick up, Looks great!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats, that is a cool looking diver,

I am a sucker for German made watches, but I dont see Eddie list this model as being Made in Germany? please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Congrats, that is a cool looking diver,

I am a sucker for German made watches, but I dont see Eddie list this model as being Made in Germany? please correct me if I am wrong
Eddies watches are label 'Great Britain' as this is where they are conceived & designed, but he used to have the cases made by the German company Fricker, Roland Kemmner used to work at Fricker and was responsible for making the cases for Timefactors watches, but when he left Fricker and set up on his own Eddie carried on using Roland to make his cases in his new company Kemmner.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eddies watches are label 'Great Britain' as this is where they are conceived & designed, but he used to have the cases made by the German company Fricker, Roland Kemmner used to work at Fricker and was responsible for making the cases for Timefactors watches, but when he left Fricker and set up on his own Eddie carried on using Roland to make his cases in his new company Kemmner.
Thanks for the explanation bud. :-!

According to Eddie... ;-)

Eddie's watches were made by Fricker from 2003-2007 - but from 2007 have been made by Roland Kemmner who was the production engineer at Fricker and started out on his own.
Even when his watches were made by Fricker, he only ever dealt with Roland Kemmner.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Been waiting for these shots Francesco:-|....just gorgeous my friend:-!b-):)....enjoy her to the max!!!:-d

Quick tip for future pics.......take the sweater off first!!!!:roll:

Lovely Sir!!!!!!!

Best of Luck!!

Tom

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
It's a great diver but credit should be given where it's due. This watch has about as much to do with Germany as my left toe.
It's interesting how this watch shares the exact same technical drawing format as Fullswing watches (and there is no industry standard drawing..they are down to the company), right down to version codes, as well as the same buckle, bracelet, and dive extension as any other watch made by Fullswing....and just happens to use the 9015, which is the defacto FS movement of choice. Is it not common knowledge that Kemmner's been sourcing his watches from Fullswing in Hong Kong for years now? This watch is a great watch, no doubt. Very true to the original, but "German"? Really?

A drawings comparison..note even the "EDITION CODE of AOO" at the right side? Note how ALL information is listed in the exact same order, and he format is identical?

Preliminary Fullswing drawing (for a model that never came to be)

PRS-68 drawing (from Timefactors site)

These drawings are pretty clearly from the same source

Fullswing clasp/extension:

PRS Extension:

I realise this post will cause friction, but c'mon...enough is enough. I'm tired of seeing companies badmouthing Asian sourced product wherever possible, whileapparently using the very same parts/watches and relablelling them as "German" or "English" or whatever, and then using this as justification for higher prices.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.