WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,198 Posts
What are your specific suspicions about this watch?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Appears to be a typical watch from 1970's. I think this caliber was related to an earlier FE 233-60 which was possibly made late 1950's - 60's. Certainly with Trishock shock protection I think the movement, at least, was made late in 1960's. As Chascomm stated - nothing "obviously wrong" with it. Even the brand name Lover was actually registered in 1954 to Francisco Sofia , Messina, Italy.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostly it just too good to be true especially the dial. When I initially googled the brand what I found was threads on here asking if the brand was legit or not but once Mightymiloquinn identified the movement the pieces started to fall into place so I went for it.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
With these vintage "microbrands" it's not that uncommon to find a "new old stock" watches, never worn. Especially in the '70s many were left unsold, due to the invasion of quartz.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With these vintage "microbrands" it's not that uncommon to find a "new old stock" watches, never worn. Especially in the '70s many were left unsold, due to the invasion of quartz.
That's a good point that I have not thought about. That leads credence to their story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts