WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I've had my DW5600-E for a week and have worn it exclusively since it arrived. This is something I never do: I almost never wear just one watch throughout any given day. But this watch has the perfect balance between form & function, between presence & unobtrusiveness. The effect will wear off, I suppose, but it was quite unexpected.

This is my third G-Shock: my first was the G-2000, bought in 2000 and later a G-100-2BV. So, quite a conservative G-Shock collection, but they are great watches.

Regards to all.

Mark.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice one can you tell me what the quality of the strap is like. I have a GW5000 which is super soft but I need time displayed in sw and tmr modes. May have to buy one of these and ditch the GW5000.

Cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
The GW-5000 doesn't display the time in Stopwatch or Countdown Timer modes? I have a DW-5000E and, you're right, it does.

Are there things the 5000 does that the 5600 doesn't do?

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Features of the DW-5600E that are missing from the GW-5000 (and GW-M5600, too):

- Current time displayed in stop watch mode.
- Count down timer can be set to the second rather than the whole minute.
- Auto-return to the time screen (after you use the stop watch, or the timer, say, then the next time you press the mode button it returns to the main time screen, instead of having to scroll through the remaining modes).
- Option to have the count down timer automatically repeat.
- Option to have the backlight flash in addition to an audible alarm when the count down timer and daily alarm go off.
- Louder alarm.
- Alarm can be set to go off on specific dates/months.
- Brighter backlight.
- Certified by NASA for space flight. :)

The DW-5600E may lack solar charging, atomic syncing, and automatic backlight activation, but it's got a lot going for it that the newer models don't!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just sold mine today, and now I miss it. It's one of those simple every man's watch; however, it's very features are thoughtful. There is some charm or romance from it's history. The placement of the 'Shock Resist' symbol is just right, in my opinion. It's a bold sight to see, and is a very reminder for the intended use of the watch. A rugged time piece that will begin on a journey with you, and leave a legacy.

Just reading the overwhelming positive responses for the DW5600E, it's hard to resist. It's a 'time piece' that literally takes some of us back in time with thoughts, and feelings of nostalgia. The gentleman I sold the watch to had this sense of anticipation in his voice. I could tell he was estatic to get the watch, and could see a youthful gleam in his eyes when I presented the DW5600E. He shared a bit of background information on his affinity for the G-Shock square in his adolescence, and mentions that the 5600E is certified by NASA for space flight.

Even though I miss it, I have to say, it made me happy to pass ownership of the 5600E along to such a person.

Features of the DW-5600E that are missing from the GW-5000 (and GW-M5600, too):

- Current time displayed in stop watch mode.
- Count down timer can be set to the second rather than the whole minute.
- Auto-return to the time screen (after you use the stop watch, or the timer, say, then the next time you press the mode button it returns to the main time screen, instead of having to scroll through the remaining modes).
- Option to have the count down timer automatically repeat.
- Option to have the backlight flash in addition to an audible alarm when the count down timer and daily alarm go off.
- Louder alarm.
- Alarm can be set to go off on specific dates/months.
- Brighter backlight.
- Certified by NASA for space flight. :)

The DW-5600E may lack solar charging, atomic syncing, and automatic backlight activation, but it's got a lot going for it that the newer models don't!
After seeing that list, I am reminded of how convenient the module was.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also used to own my DW-5600E-1V (module 1545) back in 2011, I missed this watch so much. I had to return it back to the local department store to use my money on my important things. It strongly gave me a classic feeling and bringing me back good old time from the 90's. I'm glad that Casio has continue the production of this model. They also released the re-issue version of DW-5600E-1V in 2010, which is now module 3229. Module 3229 basically extends the full-auto calender feature from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2099 which is only the minor difference compare to module 1545 (which is from January 1, 1995 to December 31, 2039). Someday soon, I will buy myself a DW-5600E-1V or even the gold accent which is DW-5600EG-1V. I consider DW-5600E as my default G-Shock watch, which I will wear on regular basis and even jogging with it too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
After reading your reviews I think I will be liking my DW5600E. This baby arrived yesterday (10/17/13). I like the simplicity.

Casio G-9000, GB-5600, F-91W, DW-5600E
Swatch YAS100G (Body & Soul)

Reactions: Chrisek
1 - 10 of 10 Posts