WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Low price vs. watch with warrenty?

Hiya all!

I'm still after the speedy reduced. Yep I've got my heart set on the reduced as opposed to the full size [been through the reason in previous posts].

I just got to get your thoughts on something please.

I might have the chance of buying a speedy reduced for $1400 AUD. Now I know I can get one cheaper, probably $1000 AUD or even lower without box and papers.

Now here is my question, the watch I might have the chance of buying has been worn 3 weeks only, and still has 3 months warranty left... Would that be worth $400 bucks extra to you?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Re: Low price vs. watch with warrenty?

the watch I might have the chance of buying has been worn 3 weeks only, and still has 3 months warranty left... Would that be worth $400 bucks extra to you?
Hey AM, that means the owner purchased a year and 9 months old new kind of old stock Reduced about three weeks ago or something?

Anyway, that depends on the condition of the watch. How about the condition of the $1000 one?

- Hiro

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

Personally I wouldn't go for that while the chrono set up isn't as good as the pro it's still pretty good and, if it's running now it should be running in three months. I'd bet $400 on that - it's just under half the price of the cheapest you'll find.

More to the point, I have a nice one on an Omega strap, in a box and with some papers which I'd be happy to flip for around $1000!

(Eric, Joe, Hope this is ok, mod as necessary)

·
Registered
8,173 Posts

More to the point, I have a nice one on an Omega strap, in a box and with some papers which I'd be happy to flip for around $1000!

Take it AM!

- Hiro

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Dear AM

Personally I wouldn't go for that while the chrono set up isn't as good as the pro it's still pretty good and, if it's running now it should be running in three months. I'd bet $400 on that - it's just under half the price of the cheapest you'll find.

If I were you AM, I'd take Matt up on that. Its a good deal.
Now lets see what you do.....................
On another note: You been beating around the bush about an
automatic, mechanical watch to go with the quartz beaters you
got, for a year. You are not going to get something for nothing.
If the watch is out of warranty, the papers aren't worth anything.
Box? What are you going to do with that after you remove the
watch.
Look for the best deal and buy it. You have spent the last year
second guessing yourself, unable to make a decision, looking
on fleabay for a giveaway and being cheap.
I doubt that you'll buy Matts because it too easy.
jim

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Re: Dear AM

Easy? Where have you been Jim? Would you buy a watch off captain pedantic? :-d

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

In a skinny minute. Sight unseen.
That says volumes.
10 to 1 odds our little buddy AM misses this boat.
Also says volumes about him.
jim
Sorry about the gap. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now all I have to do is live up to it. Frankly, there wouldn't be a rush anyway, It's been in its box since I got the Pro. I don't usually sell stuff. I just kind of hoard - I don't like selling to people I don't know. So it's a slow boat to miss.

(and thanks for everything Jim, I think we are more than square now.)

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If I were you AM, I'd take Matt up on that. Its a good deal.
Now lets see what you do.....................
On another note: You been beating around the bush about an
automatic, mechanical watch to go with the quartz beaters you
got, for a year. You are not going to get something for nothing.
If the watch is out of warranty, the papers aren't worth anything.
Box? What are you going to do with that after you remove the
watch.
Look for the best deal and buy it. You have spent the last year
second guessing yourself, unable to make a decision, looking
on fleabay for a giveaway and being cheap.
jim
I havent been second guessing myself really, just waiting for the opportunity and right time. Now that the new house is all finished, expenses paid etc. I'm ready to buy. I've PM'd Matt

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I'd get the $1000 reduced...unless it's beat up.
He ain't gonna buy that watch QT. He's gonna find 50 reasons not to.
Wife won't let me, Maw-in-law won't let me, too expensive, no box,
no papers, not the right time, better deal elsewhere, haven't found the
right one, new house, other expenses, new job, wrong time of year, too
hot, too cold.................the list is endless. Go back and look at AMs
threads. This is about the 10th time he's asked. Go figure.
jim

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

And I've replied, as I said, it's the finest Omega China ever made. :-!

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Now, lets see,

Normally I'd call this reverse psychology. Jim's a good man and an experienced boss; he wants the right thing to happen and reckons that a good Speedy Reduced for $1000 is a no brainer and he's already expressed his opinion of my character, so he's just twisting AM's tail to help him decide.

But then, AM is not a fool, and I know Jim knows that too and so Jim would factor in the fact that AM will not fall for his reverse psychology. so this has to be reverse reverse psychology.

But then Jim knows that too and so he will be using reverse reverse reverse psychology....

But then the two reverses would cancel out and so that means it's only reverse psychology and so he'd have to do step 2 and three again.

But then...:-s

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now, lets see,

Normally I'd call this reverse psychology. Jim's a good man and an experienced boss; he wants the right thing to happen and reckons that a good Speedy Reduced for $1000 is a no brainer and he's already expressed his opinion of my character, so he's just twisting AM's tail to help him decide.

But then, AM is not a fool, and I know Jim knows that too and so Jim would factor in the fact that AM will not fall for his reverse psychology. so this has to be reverse reverse psychology.

But then Jim knows that too and so he will be using reverse reverse reverse psychology....

But then the two reverses would cancel out and so that means it's only reverse psychology and so he'd have to do step 2 and three again.

I gets what I wants when I wants. I value all constructive opinion/circumstance/advice etc. That's why I love this forum. At the end of the day I make up my own mind. The only time I give into arm twisting is if its literal. :-d

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Now, lets see,

As you sometimes do Matt, you are overthinking it. AM is not buying
because he is drenched in doubt. Just can't make up his mind. If he found one 20 bucks cheaper on fleabay, he would be devastated.
Its just as easy to say "there will be others" and let it go at that. He was
asking this same question a year ago on TZ and 6 months ago here.
jim

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Hey AM, I was just gently teasing Jim, who was just gently teasing you.

You are literally under less than no pressure from me. If I'm not doing you a favour by selling it to you at this price then I'd rather just hold on to it. It really is up to you; if I wanted to sell it I'd stick it up for sale.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Thats a big fat lie AM!!!

I gets what I wants when I wants. I value all constructive opinion/circumstance/advice etc. That's why I love this forum. At the end of the day I make up my own mind. The only time I give into arm twisting is if its literal. :-d
Thats a lie, and you know it AM. You don't buy whatever you like when
you like no more than I do. Everything I buy is run past my wife.
We both look at finances and if we agree its affordable, I buy it.
Not until. Most of us are like that, we just don't readily admit it.
Its the way good marriages stay good. I know which side my
breads buttered on, and I plan on keeping it that way.
jim

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Turns out you win, Jim.

AM wants one on a bracelet at that price, which is fair enough. I'm not accepting $800 which is also fair enough.

No indecision there. AM knows what he wants and he knows the price he wants to pay.

Mine's off the table now. Some things only happen once, so no other people asking please. This was mates' rates and not a general offer.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Turns out you win, Jim.

AM wants one on a bracelet at that price, which is fair enough. I'm not accepting $800 which is also fair enough.

No indecision there. AM knows what he wants and he knows the price he wants to pay.

Mine's off the table now. Some offers only happen once, so no other people asking please. This was mate's rates and not a general offer.
Told you.
Excuse number 257. See if AM will use the numbers of said excuse.
Its saves time. Bracelets everywhere for a reduced. Cheap. If
I had one, I'd send it to him.
jim

1 - 20 of 64 Posts