WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a case of some type to move my watches from point A to point B. Had to be light, portable, and offer some protection, but that is not the primary focus, and be easy to modify. I wanted the case(s) to be convenient enough that I could store them in my gun safe with all other toys while not taking up a huge amount of space.

I looked at a number of pre-manufactured watch boxes and display containers, but found nothing that tripped my trigger or called to me to spend the big bucks, so I kept looking. I have a number of Pelican cases for my guns and such, and thought about those or a roll-bag until a AV friend of my recommended a video camera carrying case.

Since it did not have to be indestructible, but still wanted something sturdy and secure, I looked around and found an ABS case on Amazon designed for transporting video cameras and the like. It was about 18" x 12" and 6" deep, double hinged, and the best part is that it came with diced form, so I could remove sections as needed in 1/2" blocks. No cutting needed. I bought one to see what it was like and ended up buying another two. At less than $35 a piece, with little mods needed, it met my needs for a good-sized, decent quality case for moving the watches around and keeping them in one location.

I like the diced foam idea because you can design it however you want. For the case pictured below I sized the beds for both small and larger dialed watches, and was able to get 16 spaces out of one case. For the other cases, I sized uniformly, and got 18 spaces out of each case. I use the removed foam blocks as the "pillow cushions" to keep the watches in place in their space and the egg crate foam lining the lid of the case keeps everything secure when closed and carrying around.

Pretty happy that I spent less than $100 total, only took an hour or less to modify all three cases, and now do not have time pieces scattered all over. Actually the wife is pretty happy about that.... Just get up, go to the safe, open the case, pick out the Watch of the Day, and I am good to go.

Thanks for looking-

Suitcase Metal Aluminium Box Baggage

Suitcase Baggage Briefcase Musical instrument accessory Trunk

Box Suitcase Plastic Aluminium Case

Games Collection

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Not elegant, but quite the flexible and robust solution. I've got one on its way to me now |>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts