WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I wanted a Seiko dive watch and did some looking about. I preferred one with some character that I will keep for good. After buying a 7002 from Loy I decided to go for a 6309-7290 before it even arrived. I asked Loy to put in a 6105 dial and 6105 hands for me too. The watch arrived on Tuesday and boy do I love it. I have to say it is the nicest watch I have put on my wrist. I loke the 7002 but am gonna flip it as I prefer the 6309, and I have read the about the all metal better movement and so on. I like tool watches and my watches must be functional and not just lookers. This watch feels like it could take a serious beating and it looks great too. I have included some pics in case ye would like to see them. I also decided to order a 6309-7040 from Loy with 6105 dial and hands and an original domed crystal. I will be interested to see how it compares to the 7290. In general I like my watches to be round and am not a fan of the almost square cushioned cases on some watches. However the 7040 seems to be in nice proportion so we will see. I also have a vostok amphibian incoming which I am REALLY excited about. It seems to be to be a serious business beater and its a huge amount of watch for the money. Once again I repeat Loy is the man. I would be interested to see yer 6309's and amphibians if ye want to post some pics too by the way.:-!
Cheers,
Barry.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,
Regarding the lume its not super but then again its on par with alot of other watches just not near the modern Seikos. I'm hoping to have Angelo relume it just like on his youtube account. He might be away at the moment so I'm hoping to hear back from him. Anyone else got relume stories in Europe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts