3,276 Posts
Very interesting! That would be a giant step for Luch. Thank you sudhakar |>

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,653 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
They have for sure skilled people, but it's not an easy task to switch from low-end watches to luxury stuff (if that's their intention).

The Luch brand is not very popular in the Western countries, and if they want to keep the brand, they must do an hard work. It sounds like smoke in the eyes to me.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I ran across an extensive Luch web site, written entirely in Cyrillic a,couple of days ago. No translating capability on the site. Many pages of watches, at what seemed to be (if my conversion site was correct) huge prices. Very slick site and watches, overall. You guys may be familiar w/ it or not?. Well I see now that the Russian Forum has a link to the site so... anyway something seemed wrong somehow w/ the ruble prices, they just seemed ridiculously high. Is it me or are they as high in price as I think? I dont think style wise they would have a hard time breaking into the Western markets.As for other factors....
P.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I love the descriptions of the watches:

"Models on leather strap in classical case will perfectly match with severe tailored suit. The owner of these watches is fated to the attention from ambient people."

or

"A true man watch on genuine leather strap will be worthily appreciated by representatives of strong half of mankind - no any superfluous details, strict lines and classical colour combination."

I want to represent the ambient half of mankind :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My gaff, I didnt see the translation icon until a few moments ago, but Im still confused about the ruble prices. Its not important, however the the translations are humorous. Im curious to see if they reinvent themselves and go back to quality movements and classic design. I think the luch 2209s and the Poljot deluxes are among the most beautiful watches Ive ever seen.
P. + P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts