WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Re: Outsider from Belarus - Luch Amphibia Favorit

After some months, i needed to replace the battery. So i disassembled the watch and made some pics. The watch is even more interesting than before.

First, we remove the bidirectional bezel:

Then we unscrew the second bezel:

Once you unscrew the bezel, you can pull the crystal with its rubber gasket:

To extract the stem, remove the tachymeter ring, then move a small lever hidden in a groove on the dial at 2 'o clock:

This is the watch disassembled. Single-block case, screwdown bezel with front loading and rubber gasket, screwdown crown - neither more nor less than the Zlatoust layout. I'm even more convinced that 30 meters are just a prudential measure to bypass warranty claims due to cheap machining and/or materials.

Here is the case inside - note the groove for the keyless clutch lever. The case is accurately threaded, the pressure of the screwdown bezel on crystal and gasket is very high.

The movement, as expected, is not Chinese. It's a factory caliber 2356 with 8 jewels, made in Belarus, and also produced by Raketa, Slava and Poljot until years '90s. The long keyless clutch lever is specific for this "front-loading" model. Battery is a 371-type. The whole battery replacement process needs patience and attention in order to not lose/damage parts.

Reverse the process carefully, and the "poor man's Zlatoust" is ready to tick again.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts