WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I own a Luch Moon Phase watch. I bought it a few months ago and I noticed the moon phase is not working correctly. At some point it will get 'stuck' and I have to manually set it to the current moon state.

I called my local watch repairsman but he told me it needs a new movement and he has no clue where to find this particular movement. So my question is: what movement is in the Luch Moon Phase and is it, or an alternative, still available on the market? Thanks in advance. I wasn't sure if I should use the sticky for parts since I don't actually know what I'm looking for. Sorry if I should've posted there.

Luch Moon Phase Black.jpg 20180417_235940.jpg

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,778 Posts
It has the same top-plate as the Soviet-era Chaika 22mm quartz, but the main plate seems to be trimmed to a 16mm tonneau. What is written on the movement? Or can you post a better photo? I'm guess that it has the Luch logo and a number beginning with 16.

I doubt that you will be able to find a drop-in alternative having a central moonphase and 6 o'clock date window of the right diameter. Your best bet is to go direct to Luch or buy a complete replacement watch on ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The number is 16853, I was already wondering if that number was important or not. There's a complete replacement on ebay but I'd hate it if it has the same problem and then I'd have two broken ones

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,778 Posts
Where are you located? I'm guessing that it is not in Belarus.

You can tell your watchmaker that the movement is a Luch 16853 if he wants to look some more. Here is the manufacturer's website: http://luch.by/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask the seller if it works properly?
That's what I asked the first guy too, but that didn't work out. It's not in the seller's best interest to be truthful.

Where are you located? I'm guessing that it is not in Belarus.

You can tell your watchmaker that the movement is a Luch 16853 if he wants to look some more. Here is the manufacturer's website: ОАО "Минский часовой завод"
I'm in the Netherlands. I will send the Luch factory a message, see if they can provide any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Luch factory is unable to give any support. I will give the spare parts thread on this forum a try, and then I'll have to accept my fate I guess :). Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts