·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The final part of this restoration

Circle Metal Fashion accessory Games

Metal Circle Auto part

Case cleaning needs to be done, I use various methods and use a Goat Hair Brush on a Dremel

Transparency

Product Brass Metal Serveware

Case now cleaned, although scratches to the back cover are still prelevant but aren't as strong

Now to fit the dial and the Hr wheel

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Jewellery

Dial fitted and Re-cased

Hr hand put into place at 3 ready for seating

Hr hand now reseated

Min and Seconds hand now seated

Crystal fitted, I USE 33MM LOW DOME

watch now fitted with new crystal

THE FINAL RESULT

NOW DISPLAYED READY FOR USE WITH ANOTHER OF MY 2209 WATCHES

I Hope this will be of use to someone

Best Wishes

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks terrific. Though i also like the black one a lot more.

That's a very unusual looking timegrapher as well.
I bought the Black Dial from a local boot sale also not working and very dirty for £10.00, the Time graph is a 1900, it may look a little different due to the low light where the timegraph is in my workroom

Many thanks and Best Wishes

Darren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A thread like this shows me how little I know.
For me it was only practising on scrap movements and then on pin pallet smiths and Ingersoll pocketwatches and then on the smiths and ingersoll watches themselves
before attempting jeweled watches and pocketwatches. But I still do not like to touch date display or autos as the date jumper srings drive me mad... Lol

Best Wishes

Darren

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me it was only practising on scrap movements and then on pin pallet smiths and Ingersoll pocketwatches and then on the smiths and ingersoll watches themselves
before attempting jeweled watches and pocketwatches. But I still do not like to touch date display or autos as the date jumper srings drive me mad...
Hi, I'm doing a similar restoration, but I'm just a beginner. I have a part that sprang out and I can't work out what it is and where it goes. Can you offer any advice / assistance??

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is a spacer which comes under the balance bridge.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
I can't work it out, does it go on top of the pallet bridge, under the balance wheel? Or directly under the balance bridge above the spring?

Also, I notice in this photo he has 2 parts in this shape next to the balance for cleaning, I only have the one, am I missing a part?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
I believe these are shims. While not the most elegant solution, I've found these are somewhat common in Soviet movements, presumably to enhance part alignment and reduce wear.

At least one of these shims would fit under the balance cock (sandwiched between the main plate and balance cock), but I'm not sure about the other. Are they exactly the same size/shape? If so, then I'd say two fit under the balance cock :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe these are shims. While not the most elegant solution, I've found these are somewhat common in Soviet movements, presumably to enhance part alignment and reduce wear.

At least one of these shims would fit under the balance cock (sandwiched between the main plate and balance cock), but I'm not sure about the other. Are they exactly the same size/shape? If so, then I'd say two fit under the balance cock :)
Got it thanks, a search for shims showed me a picture. It sits directly under the balance cock as you said. I don't have the second one showed in the photos, I'm assuming my movement only has the one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.