WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found this Luch. Is it correct?

Also, are there any common Soviet watches that are thinner than this Luch?

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice Wristwatch :-!.

2200 movement based wrist watch is thinner than 2209 movement based wristwatch, but 2200 movement is very rare and Mark is a proud owner of one such rare watch Poljot 2200

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,738 Posts
That's about as thin as mass-market mechanical watches get anywhere in the world.

Nice 20micron gold case, too.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
533 Posts
There were 2 variants of Poljot Deluxe:
a) similar with LUCH and based on 2209 movement (both identical and differ in brand name);
b) more expensive with automatic 2416. This movement is thicker then slim luch for ~2mm

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Sudhakar is correct...

The thinnest Russian watch movement ever made -- and one of the thinnest watch movements ever made anywhere in the world -- is the First Moscow Watch Factory caliber 2200. It is 1.85 mm thin and was produced circa 1965. It has 17 jewels, no second hand and no shock protection.

Apparently this movement was prone to problems -- it was so thin that it easily bent under everyday conditions -- and was produced only in very small numbers. The few pieces that got out of the factory were cased in 14k gold.

Here are 3 photos of the piece in my collection. To see other images, visit my website and view #0628, or search for '2200'.

-- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
MWD,
Shadow_ru and Mark Gordon had it all said about slims and slimest. Only mark-to my knowledge- holds the slimest grail and it is wonderfull.

Your slim is ok and in good condition. It is part of the 'Slimiada-Poljot-Luch 2209' familly of watches that I have posted 3 days ago below in the forum You can find there yours in two variations if I remember.
They are very fine! Two yrs ago I have presented one to my partner and he never gets it off his wristle!.
Dedatos

·
Registered
12 Posts

i have one luch ;)
Sadly, i don´t know what it is
it is solid gold but i don´t have any info on it

Attachments

·
Registered
3,808 Posts

Hello,

I notice that your watch has the Luch factory symbol below 2209 on the movement. Many watches I see on eBay have "SU" where the factory symbol would be.

Do you know what SU means?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Apologies for hijacking the thread, I picked up a 2209 based Luch recently and wondered about the seconds hand...has it been replaced? Seems the correct shape as the pics from the OP....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Apologies for hijacking the thread, I picked up a 2209 based Luch recently and wondered about the seconds hand...has it been replaced? Seems the correct shape as the pics from the OP....
The second hand seems right. Check out the second hands on the Luch 2209s on my site.
-- Mark

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Thanks - that's what I suspected. Is there some reason why there's no factory designation? NEG's watch above is a perfect example. At least in the picture I can't see a factory mark - maybe it's under something. The original post watch at the top of this thread does show the Luch factory mark.

There's a good post in the "articles" section that shows all the common factory marks - including Luch. I'm curious why many Luch watches show just SU instead of the factory mark.

Thanks for your response.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts