WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached are photos of a vintage Lucien Piccard "Seashark"

I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on the background of Lucien Piccard and/or this watch in particular.

Note: etched on the back of the watch is the # 844149

I am particularly interested in the approximate date of the watch, as well as a potential price.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hello, nice looking watch, I would guess at early 1960s to 70s , Price: worth something to some, worth not much to others..this forum does not provide estimates or evaluate watches, see forum rules.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, nice looking watch, I would guess at early 1960s to 70s , Price: worth something to some, worth not much to others..this forum does not provide estimates or evaluate watches, see forum rules.
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated as it seems older Lucien Piccard watches have little to no background information on the net, not even a wiki!

Any idea if the band could be substituted for a leather one? Or would that not be recommended?

Edit: I ask because I am fond of leather bands, and I am looking to purchase this watch; however, I am not too keen on the heavier metal band.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You can do a search on completed listing on ebay for LP Seasharks to get a gauge on approximate market value.
I think you can read some history on the old Lucien Piccard on their new "name only" incarnation site.
And yes, very easy to replace the stretch band with a leather band...and highly recommended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, it has been awhile; however, I thought I would update the thread for posterity and closure. Later that week I did pick up the timepiece, and was fortunate enough to obtain it free of charge from a truly gracious individual. Nevertheless, the Seashark had aged to the point of disrepair. Therefore, I did not waste any more time and had the piece looked over and restored within one month from a local outfit. I was fortunate, again, as Lucien Piccard' is not readily repaired. At any rate, the watch was fitted with a leather band, which is slowly, but surely, breaking in around my wrist. I am glad I joined this forum when I did, and am truly grateful for the prompt responses I received from the community. Tomorrow, I will upload a picture or two of the wristwatch for a proper "before & after". Thank you again, I am enamored by vintage timepieces and believe that this marks the start of a lasting affair with the collection and appreciation of such variety. In fact, I recently acquired a 1966 Bulova, which I suspect to be a variation of the "Date King"..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lucien Piccard Seashark (After Restoration)

Lucien Piccard_01 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_02 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_03 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_04 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_05 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_06 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Follow the links for higher-resolution versions of the photos.

*Note* The back of the watch, behind the leather band, on the top: "Lucien Piccard" "10 Karat G.F."
*Note* The back of the watch, behind the leather band, on the bottom: "Waterproof"

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Re: Lucien Piccard Seashark (After Restoration)

Thanks for the pics. It looks great.|>|>

·
Registered
41,053 Posts

:-! Looks great!

Lucien Piccard_01 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_02 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_03 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_04 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_05 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Lucien Piccard_06 by Flitzpatrick_LL, on Flickr

Follow the links for higher-resolution versions of the photos.

*Note* The back of the watch, behind the leather band, on the top: "Lucien Piccard" "10 Karat G.F."
*Note* The back of the watch, behind the leather band, on the bottom: "Waterproof"

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts

very nice dress watch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts