WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya folks,

Whats your take on Lucien piccard watches??
I bought x2 chronograph watches of ebay and they look fine and well constructed...They came with a nice box, manual and warranty cards. I know that much that they are a Suisse company and used to make watches in the 1000$ to 5000$ price range...Now you can have them from 100$ to 200$ max..Saphire Crystal with japanese movement. I think its assembled in china...
But all in all not a bad watch for the price...

$(KGrHqR,!lQE4lQLrciiBOTWLUUhCw~~48_12.jpg $(KGrHqUOKkME0eds0fclBNZ0dvW8nw~~0_12.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the blue one on the right and its been a great watch. I always get compliments on it when I wear it and the quality is really good. I paid about $50 for it and would buy another one in that same price range. Darn nice affordables.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the blue one on the right and its been a great watch. I always get compliments on it when I wear it and the quality is really good. I paid about $50 for it and would buy another one in that same price range. Darn nice affordables.
Indeed....I get compliments on both...I got it shipped for 100$...still a good price for this watch...

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Lucien Piccard is a brand with distant Swiss heritage, which now has the same address (101 State Road 7 Suite 201, Hollywood FL 33023) as Invicta, SWI group, Stuhrling/Akribos and World of Watches. It's a bit tricky to tease apart the different brands, but suffice to say they all using a similar approach, with Asian manufacture and always a deep "discount" from list price. This isn't to say that they don't have some great looking watches, only intended as a bit of background to the company.

Reactions: curiousMan

·
Registered
257 Posts
Indeed....I get compliments on both...I got it shipped for 100$...still a good price for this watch...
I should mention mine was discounted because the second hand does not reset straight up. So I "set it" so that its straight up and just never use the chrono. I bought it for looks, becauuse it does look great.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I have an LP skeleton homage to the AP Royal Oak. I paid less than $50 for it, and it is a great watch. It is one of my wifes favorites in my collection. I would definitely buy one again, and would recommend them to others.
LucienPiccard2.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to find out if a particular brand is rip-off? Simply look at the photograph of the watch and see if it says "Italy Made" "Swiss Made" or Made in China. Usually Chinese watches like Invicta, Swiss Legend, Lucien Piccard and others - do not have any manufacture information on their dial.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I think it usually makes more sense to buy a high quality Chinese watch by a high quality Chinese watchmaker, i.e. Seagull or Beijing, rather than buy a company casing up Chinese movements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lucien Piccard is definitely not a true swiss brand anymore, it is more of an American/Chinese watch now. A swiss vintage Lucien Piccard would be very expenisve and for the elite, but since chinese movements were being put into them they have dropped in value, obviously. If it were me, I woudn't get a Lucien Piccard but still, the value for these watches are very good and they look good. Its not hard to fall in love with the designs regardless of the history of these watches. Any timepiece is always a nice timepiece to keep through your life. There is always a special value to a watch that you have liked and kept for several years, even if that value isnt money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts