WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Elektronika-1 on the Bay and it looks like it comes with the stock folded-steel bracelet. Bleah. I want to replace it with something futuristic, and have a few ideas (carbon fiber! Velcro! Kevlar! yeehah!) but I don't know what the lug width is. I'm assuming it's 18 mm, but I'd really like confirmation. Thanks!!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,639 Posts
I just bought an Elektronika-1 on the Bay and it looks like it comes with the stock folded-steel bracelet. Bleah. I want to replace it with something futuristic, and have a few ideas (carbon fiber! Velcro! Kevlar! yeehah!) but I don't know what the lug width is. I'm assuming it's 18 mm, but I'd really like confirmation. Thanks!!
It should be 18mm, but why not measure it when you get it.

And don't throw away the original bracelet. I'm sure there are members of this forum who would like it for their own Elektronika-1s.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be 18mm, but why not measure it when you get it.

And don't throw away the original bracelet. I'm sure there are members of this forum who would like it for their own Elektronika-1s.
I figured 18 mm, so thank you for that. I really wanted to have a new strap ready for it when it got here in 2 weeks, because I'm not a big fan of metal bracelets, whether folded or solid link.

I would never throw away the bracelet, either, especially if it's original. I still keep the ones that came with my new Vostoks, if that tells you anything. I don't know if the bracelet coming with it actually *is* original, however--it doesn't have the grooves like the ones I've been seeing, and the clasp lacks the circled E. I'll take pictures once it gets here and you can judge for yourself, and if you determine that it is original (you'll definitely know better than I will), I'll probably just let you have it if you want it. You do a lot for this forum and it's the least I can do in recompense for your efforts...

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,639 Posts
I figured 18 mm, so thank you for that. I really wanted to have a new strap ready for it when it got here in 2 weeks, because I'm not a big fan of metal bracelets, whether folded or solid link.

I would never throw away the bracelet, either, especially if it's original. I still keep the ones that came with my new Vostoks, if that tells you anything. I don't know if the bracelet coming with it actually *is* original, however--it doesn't have the grooves like the ones I've been seeing, and the clasp lacks the circled E. I'll take pictures once it gets here and you can judge for yourself, and if you determine that it is original (you'll definitely know better than I will), I'll probably just let you have it if you want it. You do a lot for this forum and it's the least I can do in recompense for your efforts...
Thank you for the kind offer, but really there are others here whose need is greater (I don't own a functioning Elektronika). I do look forward to seeing the pictures though.

If you have'nt found it already, check out http://www.ledwatches.net/ for some cool photos of Elektronika-1 and other LEDs, and heaps of other related stuff.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what the original bracelet looks like. If this is what you get I would not replace it. Just my opinion.
Yeah, the one I'm getting doesn't look anywhere NEAR that cool. I've included a seller's pic for reference. I guess I mis-wrote when I wrote "stock" in my original post. The bracelet on my incoming Elektronika looks pretty cheap.

Thank you for the kind offer, but really there are others here whose need is greater (I don't own a functioning Elektronika). I do look forward to seeing the pictures though.
You would have gotten first pick, since you brought it up, but I likely would have sent it to anyone on the forum. In any case, the point appears to be moot, based on the pics herein...

If you have'nt found it already, check out http://www.ledwatches.net/ for some cool photos of Elektronika-1 and other LEDs, and heaps of other related stuff.
Yeah, I poked around on there and some of the linked sites and found a whole wealth of very interesting LED watches out there, not just Russians--I was shocked at the variety, and the number of watches that were A. horrible looking and/or B. impossible to read. There were a couple of cool ones, though--I especially liked this: http://www.led-watch.com/uszx1green.htm. I'm more a fan of mechanical watches, but I sure do think that green LED one is spiffy (and not that expensive, either!). If only I could find one that stayed on all the time, batteries be damned...

Cheers,
Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The watch itself looks in great condition. You can have fun with the strap. Maybe a bright red Kevlar?
Interesting idea, definitely, and I almost went that way. I've temporarily gone with a really heavy black nylon, we'll see how that shakes out once the watch actually gets here... I really wanted something that people in the 70s would have looked at as high tech, and I think this nylon one I've chosen fits the bill. I've also got a red-striped Maratac Zulu that might wind up on there, though it's less retro-high-tech than I would want to go. I'll post pics when I get it all together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts