WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For WUS member please post your submissions here. Remember we are only looking for the current watches in the guide. Here is the guide link so you can check if you have a watch we are looking for:

http://www.topperjewelers.com/brands...lume_guide.php

If non WUS members wish to send photos for consideration then they can be mailed to:

[email protected]

Remember that we do not want UV or black light pictures. The dial should be dark and the crown out. Try to not obscure any of the hands. As we need other models please keep an eye here for the notice. :-!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi,

I will get this started, here's a fresh lume shot of my Aviator - I trust this is the type of shot you are looking for. - 25 sec exposure and no post production.

Cheers

Balldy

·
Registered
518 Posts
Very nice Balldy! Here's a fresh one of my Aviator Dual Time.
Fully-charged luminova on the dual time subdial. Exposure of15 seconds, f/5.6, ISO 200. Only post is trimming and scaling

Mitch

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mitch,

Super pic - I love the Dual Time

Its interesting on both our pics that on the larger tubes you can actually see the glass and the sense that they are hollow.

Cheers

Balldy

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's amazing the amount of detail you can see in a lot of the photos here on the forum that I have never seen with just my eyes.

Michael, when you're ready, here's an EMII Moonphase...

Crown out, 15 sec. exposure, f/5.6, ISO 400.
3 days past new moon.

Mitch

·
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lume Guide Collectors Submissions FAQ

Here is a little FAQ we through together on this:

• What’s the point of the Lume Guide?

We have several goals with this project.

• To provide a resource for Ball Enthusiasts to help them see different types of real life lume shots
  • To create an interactive project that will involve participation from collectors all over the world
  • To try something fun and create something new.

• You only have 24 watches on your lume guide right now. Why only 24?

We recently did a contest about Ball watches to showcase how cool and subtly different the lume is on different styles of ball watches. We are starting our guide with the watches from the contest.

• How is the guide going to expand over time?
Our hope is that enthusiasts of both BALL watches and photography will want to photograph their watches under similar conditions to create something that’s never been done before, a guide made of actual lume shots that contasts them to catalog day and night shots.

• How Do I take a lume shot? How good a camera do I need?
Generally anything at 4MP is fine. The lens is the more crucial thing along with a way to do extended time (About 30 seconds) and disable the flash.

• What Requirements do you want for the guide?
There are many different kinds of lume shots that are cool, but for the guide we would like the background to be pitch black so the watch is not visible at all.
Since a good lume shot often takes over 30 seconds to finish, the second hands should be pulled out so that they are not moving in the photograph. We would like photos in .jpeg form that can be easily cropped to a 500 X 500 pixel picture, and a smaller shot. We are not saying that this is the only way, or even the best way to take a lume shot, it is just the aesthetic standard we are using for the guide.
Please no UV or Black lights so that the lume color is exaggerated. If the watch also has conventional lume please charge it before shooting your photo.

• Will I get a credit for my lume shot?
Absolutely, if your photo is chosen for a lume shot in the guide, you will have a credit under the watch. You can put your full Name, a nickname, Forum Name, or anonymous. As a place holder I put two lume shots that I did for Trainmaster Power Reserve Watches with the forum name I use so you can see how it will look. Please no pre watermarked photos.

• Will I get financial compensation for my photo appearing in the guide?
No. This is just for fun. Please only submit photos you intend for us to use knowing there will not be any financial compensation of any kind.

• How do I submit a photo? You do not have to be a member of any forum to participate, and any Ball forum can be your favorite Forum:
You can send your photos by PM on WUS to samanator, or send them to [email protected] He will decide if it is a suitable photo to add to the guide, and in many cases will give you constructive feedback to make your photo better.

• Will there be a Topper Photo for each watch? We will try and add lume shots to some new models, or unusual models that we have in stock. That having been said, many models will not show up until we have a collector shot, and for long periods of time may only have a collector shot for them. We need you to make this project work!

• How often will watches be added?
We hope to be able to add submissions that we are going to use every few weeks. How many we add each time depends on how many additions we get. If we do not get submissions, this project will be a stagnant failure with a depressingly blank 4th column.

• How many Collector photos will there be per watch?
To start we will have one photo for each watch. Depending on how the project goes we might expand it down the line.

• There is already a collector shot for the watch I want to do. What now?
Right now we are only doing one lume shot per watch. We might expand this in the future.

• Can I submit discontinued watches, or ball watches that are no longer available?
Right now we are only doing current Ball product that is for sale in the U.S. Market for the Lume guide. This might change over time but we have to start somewhere.

Rob Caplan
Topper Fine Jewelers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: Lume Guide Collectors Submissions - EHC GMT I

EHC GMT I

Sorry, I could not get anything on the bezel lume. May just be my watch. I'll give it another try tomorrow when I can set it under light for a few hours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok, Here is the EHC GMT I after an hour under a halogen desk lamp :-!

Much better!

·
Registered
251 Posts
before you post yours, michael :-d

Hydrocarbon Spacemaster XLume
15 sec. exposure time, f 5.6, ISO 100

·
Registered
231 Posts
Engineer Master II GMT II

·
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Engineer Master II GMT II

Great shot but we are not ready for this yet. Only watches that are in the guide to start off with.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Great shot but we are not ready for this yet. Only watches that are in the guide to start off with.
Sorry, my bad. Although it looks like you and Rob are not quite aligned on this (emphasis added):

For WUS member please post your submissions here. Remember we are only looking for the current watches in the guide. Here is the guide link so you can check if you have a watch we are looking for:
Here is a little FAQ we through together on this:
<snip>
· Will there be a Topper Photo for each watch? We will try and add lume shots to some new models, or unusual models that we have in stock. That having been said, many models will not show up until we have a collector shot, and for long periods of time may only have a collector shot for them. We need you to make this project work!
<snip>

Rob Caplan
Topper Fine Jewelers.
FWIW
DLM

·
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

At this time we are only accepting for the current guide models. Robs statement is looking down the road. For now we only need the 23 models that we had. Shortly after we have those we will look for the next additions.

One other note please include how you would like the photo credit noted with your submissions.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts