WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
It would also be nice to know the exposure settings for each shot taken, and in addition, for each watch to also be imaged at an agreed upon standard ISO, f-stop, and shutter speed so we can compare brightness between models...any takers? I have a great SLR for this, but, alas, no Ball...yet!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It would also be nice to know the exposure settings for each shot taken, and in addition, for each watch to also be imaged at an agreed upon standard ISO, f-stop, and shutter speed so we can compare brightness between models...
That would only work if all the watches were the same age.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That would only work if all the watches were the same age.
Also, I'm not sure how similar various "ISO/ASA" ratings are in the digital era. In other words, I'm not sure that 200ISO on a Canon is really the same on a Nikon or Oly. The chips used vary as do receptor site size. But even among closely related cameras from the same manufacturer, the processing and firmware improvements result in dramatically different pictures at given ISOs.

On top of that, unless the raw files are provided, how do you know you are seeing what the camera saw and not the product of (perfectly legitimate) fine tuning in photoshop?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,
This photo is my new Engineer Hydrocarbon Trieste with hands positioned so that all vials are visible. As you can plainly tell, this is the white faced version.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts