WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone make some recommendations on where I can have my watches "re-lumed" (if that term even exists). I'd like to have a brighter lume on my watches...

Thanks in advance

GL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Everest watch company does it and a few other small "cottage industries". There are plenty of caveats however. This is all hand work. If tiny imperfections and surface irregularities are going to bother you, then you'll probably want to pass. These individuals have a backlog of time consuming work. You could easily be without that watch for months. Often with no communication. It's also not super inexpensive, (a few hundred). Plus, you've got a stranger disassembling your watch. And, as a parting thought, it will play havoc with resale value if it's the least bit collectable or highly thought of.

I've had it done on fun project watches. It's both an upgrade and not, based on what is your paramount concern. If you're spending that much time, energy and cash to make a cheap watch glow better, just buy a Seiko of your choosing.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I'll second Jack at IWW....very nice work, and a long backlog waiting list.
Everest was even longer last I checked and has far from a spotless reputation like Jack.

"He's just a witness"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everest was even longer last I checked and has far from a spotless reputation like Jack.

"He's just a witness"
Thank you for all the recommendations and ADVICE (which is priceless) - I have to admit, it really bothers me to be sitting outside enjoying a cigar, look down at my wrist and see a small blank glow of nothingness...I'll be checking out International Watch Works, and give feedback of my own.

Thanks again
GL

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
If lume is important to you, seems like it would be easier just to prioritize that in your watch purchases. Recommendation: Seiko divers (at any price point). Warning: I'm pretty sure the lume on a Seiko diver can make you sterile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts