WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's been a while, but the topic is still relevant, so let me say a few words.
We are missing some pieces for understanding the story, because we have only read the version of one of the two parties involved.
We miss the strongest piece of the meal: the distribution of earnings that was behind the SE watches.
A network of sellers who leave the crumbs to the factory company is of little use, indeed harmful to the factory itself.
The SE deprived the Vostok factory of space and possibility to grow.
So the point to understand is: what was the distribution of earnings?

I also understand the situation of Meranom which is without the greatest source of income, and and then he is cornered, taken by the throat, but what is happening with the Buyalov A67 leads me to think that there was not much collaboration between the two sides.

A cow must be fed to be milked.
But the cow cannot choose.
Others, yes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if they cut their partners altogether from the equation and sell the watches themselves on their website. Get an european warehouse and you're set. But this is risky. It either works and the factory benefits, or it fails miserably and the factory dies... I see their online shop has a usable interface, so who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I'm not really into the SEs or these project builds, but re: their partner sellers, which I assume Meranom is a part of: Meranom's website offers multiple language and currency options in-website (independent of using browser tools), and upon checkout offers many different payment options, and particularly for me, several different expedited shipping options. All of this resembles what is considered "standard" for US online shopping. It's just a huge benefit of using Meranom.

I just bought some watches from Technochas, which required an email, etc (which was promptly responded to and payment, etc, went incredibly smoothly, thanks Nikolay!). I'm willing to do all that because I am a collector, did the research on ordering from them, and I understand all of the whathaveyous of a Russian enterprise selling internationally, but on a regular basis with regular consumers, this won't work.

If Vostok can set up an international-friendly webstore, then I'm sure they will be okay. But I don't see them doing anything like this yet.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts