WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just like to get a few opinions from you all:-!

I dont know if its because i havent been around long enough to notice any sort of trend, but is it me or are the Bond SMP 2220.80 not as popular as the other models?

Ive seen alot about the 2254 black and the older blue 2531 but rarely hear about the co-ax version (2220.80). Even looking around the 'bay and forum trades, people are trading around their 2531s and 2254s (granted the discontinuation of the 2254), you dont see many 2220.80 going around or being talked about. Am i missing something here? is it because of the co-ax contained in the new smps?

Having said that, I love the understated yet classy lure of the older 2531 and can see why people prefer it to the new one!
I think maybe i answered my own question?:-d haha
In any case , id love to hear your thoughts on this!

Ian

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Having said that, I love the understated yet classy lure of the older 2531 and can see why people prefer it to the new one!
I think maybe i answered my own question?:-d haha
In any case , id love to hear your thoughts on this!

Ian

I think you just answered it too! :) I will say this, I prefer the 2220.80 to the 2531.80. I like the applied dots and logo among other differences.

~JB

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Omega had been making the previous-gen Bond for about 15 years, and the Black SMP for about 10 years. In contrast, the new Bond 2220.80 has only been available for about a year and a half. On top of that, the rumors of the ref.2254.50 being discontinued have been circulating for probably a year, now, which I'm sure has prompted more interest in that model.

There is also a substantial price difference between the Co-ax and non-Co-ax models.

eric

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm a happy 2220.80 owner. The improvements Bond refers to plus the co-axial movement made the model worth it to me, but I certainly understand where those who disagree are coming from. I also think a lot of folks who might get the 2220.80 go with the PO instead, since it really isn't much more expensive (if at all).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Love my co-axial. I love subtlety, and that is the 2220.80.00.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I'm considering a blue Bond in my future, and it will almost certainly be Co-ax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts