WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to introduce myself after being a LONG TIME lurker... I've always held a fascination for watches (had a swatch collection in high school). I've gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from the forum and now look to be a full-fledged contributing member. My first "real" watch was the Seiko SKX173. I soon sold that in favor of the SKX171. A few Seikos, a Tissot and Hamilton later I was able to purchase my grail watch - Rolex Sea Dweller. This was in self-congratulations to some life/career accomplishments. After two years it still seems hard to believe I own this watch, and I'm still in awe of it. I know it will never leave my collection. My first introduction to this model was at a local sports event where I complimented the guy next to me on his "nice sub." He quickly and nicely corrected that it was in fact a Sea Dweller.

After years of forum reading I now have my hit list for wanted pieces, including a long-awaited incoming Omega SMP 2254.50. I continue to be thankful for the existence of this place where my passion and obsessive detail for watches is matched and often exceeded! Here's the current collection (minus the Hamilton):

(photo skills to be improved) Best regards,
-Styx

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It looks like you have a nice looking collection! What's next, A chronograph?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes definitely a missing piece. I've always been drawn to the Omega 3211.30 but some Chronoswiss look pretty sweet too. Right now I can't think of much with the SMP incoming.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Welcome the forum :-!

Coincidence that you have some forum favourites there or did you take the advice of the people?!

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
welcome lurker! as a 2254.50 owner myself i'll be interested on hearing your thoughts on the SMP once you've had for it awhile!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes MUCH ADVIVE gleaned from this forum in guiding purchases. I've been a lurker for years (somehow I ended up creating a new account). My modded SKX was done with the help of research here, and I love it!

Welcome the forum :-!

Coincidence that you have some forum favourites there or did you take the advice of the people?!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Welcome, I'm a newer member myself. Great Sea Dweller, one of my favorite Rolex's. Be careful, as you well know these guys are enablers. Some of their posts cause my watch-tourettes to kick in, and my hunt expands as my money diminishes!!! ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts