WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all...

I frequent quite a few forums, but rarely post...
Thought I would show n' tell my Omega collection. Had been on the fence regarding the X-33 and ended up with two of 'em in one weekend (one gently used, priced right and one from a local AD priced even better IMHO...been on display for quite some time) for 40% off "old" MSRP (real old).

The box is full, what to do next?

Enjoy!!!
regards
Mark

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Well Mark, unfortunately in your case there is only one thing left to do. Get a bigger box. There should always be at least one open spot for that "incoming watch." Just thinking ahead. :-! - David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Hey Jim ...

There is your X-33. The guy has two of 'em. Hmm, the nerve of some people. Time to start making him an offer he can't refuse. :-! - David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Re: Hey Jim ...

There is your X-33. The guy has two of 'em. Hmm, the nerve of some people. Time to start making him an offer he can't refuse. :-! - David
Both are nice, but I'm liking the zulu/nato strap on the one on the left.
I'm turning into a zulu guy, can't beatem for comfort.
Thats a nice collection, ain't it!
jim

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
wow......

·
6,880 Posts
Re: Hey Jim ...

That's a fine collection you have there.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I can help you open up a spot, Mark. Just send me that Mk V. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Really, great collection. Hope you stop by more often.

eric

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments...and a bit on the X-33's

In response to some comments and inquiries...
The Omega box is as follows:
--top: 30T2SC military (late/post WW2) I think; Seamaster 300; Flightmaster 910 (from a good friend); MKII Speedmaster(circa 1969) and 145.022 Speedmaster(circa 1969-1971)
--bottom: Mark 5 1045 movement(circa 1984/German market only); current edition Speedy; X-33(gently used); X-33(NOS) and current edition Seamaster GMT.
I posted an inquiry a couple of weeks ago on TZ regarding the finding of an X-33 on display at a local AD and inquired/requested some additional information to be sent via PM. At the time, the AD advised he was going to send the watch back to the Omega rep as it had been on display for quite some time and it was a discontinued model. After posting and reading some great replies and advise, I made a decision to hunt one down(used), found it and secured the purchase.
This past weekend, I found myself at the same AD and once again inquired about the display model...it was still there.
Well, Due to this weekend being Veteran's Day, the AD store which had the Omega on display offered 40% off plus an additional 10% military discount...needless to say, the one on the bracelet w/ both inner/outer boxes, manuals, model/warranty cards including original hangtag was on its way home. The manager told me "that old discontinued watch had been on display for a few years and was waiting for the Omega rep to pick it up".
Regardless, I always hear about these situations, but have never been on the receiving end of a deal such as this until now.
Regards...
Mark

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Mark, you have a awesome collection, be proud of it...:-!:-!:-!

Oh yeah, and get a bigger box, you will need it..:-d:-d:-d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts