WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(excerpted from BBC article below)

"US-based Tiffany says it is "reviewing" a takeover offer worth about $14.5bn (£11.3bn) from the world's biggest luxury goods company, LVMH.

LVMH, owned by France's richest man, Bernard Arnault, has brands including Christian Dior, Givenchy, and Bulgari."

A response to Richemont purchasing Cartier?

What could this mean to the Tiffany watch line?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50205953

Reactions: Zzyzx

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never really could warm up to this model:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Product Fashion accessory

Reactions: Zzyzx and brandon\

·
Registered
41,753 Posts
Awhile back the PC Twits labeled the movie "racist", one of my favorite movies and have the album. The real star was the cat, famous in his time for being the
star of the movie 'Rhubarb'. Never tire of watching it and humming along.
Dammit! Now I am too!
Sure to be in my head for two days, just like “The Lion Sleeps Tonight.”
Dammit! Did it to myself!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,486 Posts
30 seconds of this will clear it for you

Didn’t even need to click it.
Stop messing with me! I’m such an easy target!
Ooh! What about “It’s A Small World (After All)”?
Um...
OP, sorry about the thread hijack. I really don’t take Tiffany seriously as a watchmaker. Not fond of their designs. And I don’t understand the appeal of having their name printed on the dial of a Rolex/Patek Philippe, etc.
Cartier on the other hand makes what I think are very nice looking watches.
I wonder if LVMH has big plans for Tiffany’s watch division? They may not even want Tiffany for anything but the jewelry and objets d’art.
Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
Silicone Valley, California
3,767 Posts
Ooh! What about “It’s A Small World (After All)”?
Um...
So I'm standing in line for the "It's a Small World" ride in soCal with my family and we're about 100 yards from the entrance in the middle of an open paved area. Next to us was a Disney employee sweeping up candy wrappers and such.

I said to my wife "I think I just got that song stuck in my head, damn".

The employee looks up and says "Try working here".

The same line had a customer wearing a tee with a print of various flags of the world in a Mickey Mouse silhouette. I pictured two aspirins and an Tums. When I got home, I took a piece of construction paper and glued two aspirins and a Tums to it, and wrote "Had enough of the Magic Kingdom yet?". It adorned my cubicle for several years. I'd love to post a picture of it, but it appears I've lost it during one of the moves.

·
Premium Member
Silicone Valley, California
3,767 Posts
Double. The "Leave site" dialog popped up. First I tried to close the entire page in Chrome but couldn't. Then I clicked "Leave" and closed the page. That didn't work.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that, if this proposed sales goes through, it will only mean good things for Tiffany and for Tiffany watches, at least in the short term.

I think that, like Hermès, Tiffany wants to continue in the rise of producing their own watches in-house vs. contracting them out.

I think that, like the new Louis Vuitton handbag manufacturing facility, there may be a "Texas Tiffany" coming in the near future. That will be a real East-West model!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Richemont has cartier , swatch has harry winston, its logical lvmh should have tiffany 🙂 but $15 billion is a hell of a lot of money..must be among list of largest corporate acquisitions..best of luck to lvmh and tiffany.

Although it isn't any fun seeing the blurring of lines among the lvmh brands...tag and zenith seem to have very similar design lines to hublot (among the designs introduced in last couple of years)...wish tiffany remains an independent design brand with focus on quality elegant pieces

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Never really could warm up to this model:

View attachment 14583719
Actually my favorite Tiffany watch, likely only I'd want to own, and the perfect piece for the "hands on the steering wheel thread."

30 seconds of this will clear it for you

You people are so lucky if bush-league catchieness dislodges a stuck song from your head. I have a Narcocorrido tune stuck in my head for days now, and the fact I only understand 30-60% of the lyrics depending on stanza only makes it harder to displace. :-( I might have to break out the other big guns of poorly understood lyrics to clear it, like 99 Luftballons or even the dreaded La Macarena.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Actually my favorite Tiffany watch, likely only I'd want to own, and the perfect piece for the "hands on the steering wheel thread."

You people are so lucky if bush-league catchieness dislodges a stuck song from your head. I have a Narcocorrido tune stuck in my head for days now, and the fact I only understand 30-60% of the lyrics depending on stanza only makes it harder to displace. :-( I might have to break out the other big guns of poorly understood lyrics to clear it, like 99 Luftballons or even the dreaded La Macarena.
I'm a Nats fan so I've had to deal with 'baby shark' for months lol!

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,506 Posts
I think that, like Hermès, Tiffany wants to continue in the rise of producing their own watches in-house vs. contracting them out.
We can hope so. Browsing their site the other day, it looks like they’ve pared down their watch offerings by a LOT. The remaining models still look nice, and I wouldn’t complain if my wife got me one to match whatever bracelet she gets. Plus, they really aren’t that expensive, either, as compared to how overpriced their jewelry is (it’s nice, but it ain’t that nice, as my amateur gemologist mother points out).

But I also don’t know if their brand name is ready to play in the high-four-figure space that most in-house luxury watch brands sell. Cartier watches start at almost double what Tiffany’s been pricing theirs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts