WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my watch was lost. After 5 weeks Lyndon refunded me.
But low and behold a few days after X-mas the postman was at my door.

It was a little over two months since I ordered the chrono.
I payed the man again and now own a nice mech chrono.

Anyway, here it is.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear it all worked out for the best. Wear it in good health!

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Man that is one watch deal I would have wanted to get in on.
I'm glad to hear it all worked out finally!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,073 Posts
I'm still very pleased with mine as well.

I'll be very interested if Lyndon comes up with another watch design.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Did you receive it before he invoiced you again or did it show up and you paid him after? I was in the same position as you and no watch yet :(. He said he would invoice me when it was ready which it looks like the replacements are but no watch yet.

I assume this one is running well? My original one was a dud.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you receive it before he invoiced you again or did it show up and you paid him after? I was in the same position as you and no watch yet :(. He said he would invoice me when it was ready which it looks like the replacements are but no watch yet.

I assume this one is running well? My original one was a dud.
Order of things. 5 weeks, no watch. Refund. Few more weeks later, watch showed up. I notified him and payed the moneys.

It's been running "fine". Maybe 30sec-1 minute fast in three days. Some days it runs perfect.
However I did notice that it will gain 6 minutes when ingaged in rigourous activity. I was renovating a house and scraping wallpaper for hours. The watch gained 6 minutes in 3 hours.

Cooking for half an hour like shaking pan or wok will speed up my watch. I guess I don't recommend wearing this watch when golfing or playing baseball. It probably will fall apart.

A few weeks later since I recievede it, it seems to have settled down quite a bit. Under normal circumstances it performs well enough. Still don't trust it 100%, though. I will check it against my cellphone several times a day and accuracy has improved.

For the money it still is a nice watch with a complicated movement and nice layout.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just for reference, I'll share my story a bit. I bought one when they first came out last year. I received my watch after a few weeks. I had issues with accuracy as well, sometimes gaining as much as 3 minutes a day. I wrote him about it after the new year and he told me he was getting new movements in at the end of this month. As he didn't feel comfortable with holding on to my money, he refunded it and told me to keep the watch until the new movements are in. He said he'd email me when they were in and I could send the watch back. So hopefully we'll see new movements in soon. Customer service has been very good!

·
Registered
714 Posts
This seems to be the norm with some lower priced movements.. I have the same problem with my Vostok Amphibians.. Runs great when in the watch box but when you wear it is get's alot faster so I decided to adjust it while wearing it.. and laying it crown down at night to slow it down from the 15-30 gain each day.. I can't seem to adjust it any better due to the large day to day spans in movement

Order of things. 5 weeks, no watch. Refund. Few more weeks later, watch showed up. I notified him and payed the moneys.

It's been running "fine". Maybe 30sec-1 minute fast in three days. Some days it runs perfect.
However I did notice that it will gain 6 minutes when ingaged in rigourous activity. I was renovating a house and scraping wallpaper for hours. The watch gained 6 minutes in 3 hours.

Cooking for half an hour like shaking pan or wok will speed up my watch. I guess I don't recommend wearing this watch when golfing or playing baseball. It probably will fall apart.

A few weeks later since I recievede it, it seems to have settled down quite a bit. Under normal circumstances it performs well enough. Still don't trust it 100%, though. I will check it against my cellphone several times a day and accuracy has improved.

For the money it still is a nice watch with a complicated movement and nice layout.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Before Christmas, these where available on ebay. I think the original seller is now out of stock. His ebay user name was Dukewindsor. He currently does not have anything for sale on ebay. You may look out for one of these on the sales forum.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I messaged Lyndon for an update regarding the replacements and it looks like he sent the defective movements back to the manufacturer and is awaiting new ones. The delay is due to Chinese New Years which I believe is a week or two long holiday so to speak in many countries in Asia. Can't wait to get mine back, such a great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Before Christmas, these where available on ebay. I think the original seller is now out of stock. His ebay user name was Dukewindsor. He currently does not have anything for sale on ebay. You may look out for one of these on the sales forum.
I think I've seen only 1 or 2 of them for sale on the forums so it looks like the majority of owners are happy with them. But if you are interested I would message Dukewindsor on ebay to see if he will have any more available or keep your eyes peeled on the various watch sales forum for them to pop up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts