WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just bought my first GShock, a GW-M5600-1ER and my first impressions are very favourable.

I have used the cheaper Casio's for as rough/knock about sports watches for years and its only the fact that they've always held up and been completely waterproof that has stopped me buying a G Shock before!

Anyways, back tmy question. The date is displayed in the American format ie "1-12" is there any way that can be changed to the British format of 12-1 or even 12 Jan?

I have looked through the instruction book and can't see it mentioned?

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi, congrats with your new G-Shock. I have the same model and it's unfortunately not possible to change the format. AFAIK most G-Shocks use the American format only.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, congrats with your new G-Shock. I have the same model and it's unfortunately not possible to change the format. AFAIK most G-Shocks use the American format only.
Cheers for that...A little Americanisation is not a major problem, although I would draw the line if the alarm played "Star Spangled Banner"! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately you can not change to the European format, but you get used to US format. In fact I've started using this format for naming files on my pc - makes filing easier.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, that's true. At work we use the American format (YYYYMMDD) too for the purpose of easy searching and sorting documents.

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
It's the universal date format widely used by computer stuffs as it's visually the most logical for human brain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts