WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since we posted here and we wanted to share some news with you!

This week our new website has gone live! Over the last few years we have been growing a lot as a brand and we needed a new platform to match our vision and style.

Together with the launch of our new website we are proud to introduce a brand new collection of watches that will be available for pre-order from April 5th.

The new Manhattan 37 Automatic is a modern re-interpretation of landmark timepieces from the 1970’s. We have tried to create the same vibe, but still give the Manhattan enough character to stand apart. It was important to us to give the Manhattan 37 its own identity and we believe that we have succeeded with that.

Please find two renders attached and more info can be found here: https://www.maenwatches.com/collections/manhattan-37

Here is a short video shot with an iPhone: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1014/8897/files/IMG_1965.mov?v=1643968426

Make sure to check out our website and please let us know if you have any questions!

All the best,

/MAEN

Analog watch Building Rectangle Clock Font

Watch Brown Analog watch Rectangle Clock

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If only there was a no-date version ...

Reactions: mark register

·
Registered
I’d rather be drinking whiskey.
301 Posts
Well... That's another preorder notice that I am signed up for....

Reactions: Zzyxx2002

·
Registered
147 Posts
Something I just noticed looking at the dial, is that the 12 and 6 markers perfectly align with the edges of the "stripe" running vertically. Details like that can really make or break a good design. I always appreciate when alot of thought is put into the design.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Not sure what the issue with the date is. It's not a dive watch and does not have numbers with a missing 3.

The window could have a beveled border to help decorate it though.

I also wonder what the Cote would look like if they were horizontal, but then I guess it would look a little too Aqua-Terra'ish.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Something I just noticed looking at the dial, is that the 12 and 6 markers perfectly align with the edges of the "stripe" running vertically.
On the render. IRL? RTBS*

EDIT: below, gops points out that the iphone video (which I hadn't watched) shows an actual physical prototype, and that it has this nice alignment.

*remains to be seen. Apparently not an actual acronym in use, but it should be ...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

·
Registered
I’d rather be drinking whiskey.
301 Posts
On the render. IRL? RTBS*

EDIT: below, gops points out that the iphone video (which I hadn't watched) shows an actual physical prototype, and that it has this nice alignment.

*remains to be seen. Apparently not an actual acronym in use, but it should be ...
I second the RTBS!

Reactions: Avo and Zzyxx2002

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure what the issue with the date is. It's not a dive watch and does not have numbers with a missing 3.

The window could have a beveled border to help decorate it though.

I also wonder what the Cote would look like if they were horizontal, but then I guess it would look a little too Aqua-Terra'ish.
I agree that I don't think it is a big deal. I can understand why you might not want to have it, but I don't think it should have been color matched. In regards to the horizontal stripes, it's always a tough one to decide whether to go for a "foreshortening" effect or an "elongation". They both have their advantages. My guess is that the horizontal made to look too much like a nautilus, and they were trying to differentiate themselves. Good question though. I do think it would change the appearance by quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts