WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the shop casio site has put the Maharishi G-Shock up for pre-order....considering how fast the watch sold out overseas and the current ebay price gouging going on this may be a good time for those that really wanted the watch to purchase one. Even though the site says out of stock the fine print reads its for pre-order and it will let you go through the full ordering process. Also for orders over $150 you can use CASIO150 in the promo code to get free shipping. Pretty good deal to get this at retail price for those that want it but you better move fast cause you won't see a lot of them in stores or espicially at retail price. FYI

·
Registered
835 Posts
It looks like the shop casio site has put the Maharishi G-Shock up for pre-order....considering how fast the watch sold out overseas and the current ebay price gouging going on this may be a good time for those that really wanted the watch to purchase one. Even though the site says out of stock the fine print reads its for pre-order and it will let you go through the full ordering process. Also for orders over $150 you can use CASIO150 in the promo code to get free shipping. Pretty good deal to get this at retail price for those that want it but you better move fast cause you won't see a lot of them in stores or espicially at retail price. FYI
I will agree these will move fast. I was lucky enough to find mine last week but it looks like they are finally starting to come into larger stores. When I picked up mine at Bloomingdales, they only had one. I walked through a Macy's this evening and they had 4 in stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a few quick questions: How many produced, and do you think they will be available on the casio site for like 12 more hours?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not sure about the production number. It looks like they are showing they are backordered currently on their site. I would try Macy's stores if you want it immediately.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Even though the site says out of stock the fine print reads its for pre-order and it will let you go through the full ordering process.
Same thing happened with the White D&R. Many of us had our orders cancelled and were left out in the cold. Hopefully it works for you guys. Don't be surprised if you do not receive the watch.. Casio US doesn't care if they hurt your feelings..

·
Registered
978 Posts
I "pre-ordered" from ShopCasio.com on the 21st and received shipping notice last night :think:

I sent them an order cancel request yesterday morning since I was able to pick one up Sunday, but they responded within the hour that my order had shipped. It's a hit or miss with ShopCasio.com.

Like Shocker mentioned, many have tried "pre-ordering" before with them usually canceling the orders as they ran out of stock

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I "pre-ordered" from ShopCasio.com on the 21st and received shipping notice last night :think:

I sent them an order cancel request yesterday morning since I was able to pick one up Sunday, but they responded within the hour that my order had shipped. It's a hit or miss with ShopCasio.com.

Like Shocker mentioned, many have tried "pre-ordering" before with them usually canceling the orders as they ran out of stock :roll:
Does shopcasio not charge your card until they ship out the watch? Or will they charge you anyways, and give you a refund if they end up having to cancel the order?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Does shopcasio not charge your card until they ship out the watch? Or will they charge you anyways, and give you a refund if they end up having to cancel the order?
I recall them charging for the DGK and D&R I pre-ordered and then issuing a credit/refund when they ended up canceling the order.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I recall them charging for the DGK and D&R I pre-ordered and then issuing a credit/refund when they ended up canceling the order.
They charged me. I just gave them a call, they told me that I will be charged just to make sure I have the funds available, then the money will be put back in my account, and then once the watch is in stock, they will again take the money out of my account once the watches are ready to ship. I asked her if she knew when they would be back in stock, she didn't know, but you said you got a shipping notice on the 21st. Have they arrived yet, or maybe today?...did they give you a tracking number at least? Are they coming from New Jersey?
Sorry for the barrage of questions :) lol

·
Registered
978 Posts
They charged me. I just gave them a call, they told me that I will be charged just to make sure I have the funds available, then the money will be put back in my account, and then once the watch is in stock, they will again take the money out of my account once the watches are ready to ship. I asked her if she knew when they would be back in stock, she didn't know, but you said you got a shipping notice on the 21st. Have they arrived yet, or maybe today?...did they give you a tracking number at least? Are they coming from New Jersey?
Sorry for the barrage of questions :) lol
No worries :)

I ordered on the 21st around 8pm and got shipping notice yesterday evening at 7:52pm with tracking info. It's arriving via UPSMI mail.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
No worries :)

I ordered on the 21st around 8pm and got shipping notice yesterday evening at 7:52pm with tracking info. It's arriving via UPSMI mail.
Wow. That's very good to hear. Hopefully mine will be just as quick as yours. I'm assuming they notify you via email?

·
Registered
450 Posts
This seems an awful lot like what happened with the D&R 2. Only like the first 2 members to place their orders actually got their watches from Casio if I remember right. Everyone else was charged and then sent a cancellation email.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Based on some of the comments in this thread it appears Shop Casio may not have the best track record when it comes to releasing limited edition watches. But just in case anyone is still on the hunt Nordstrom now has it listed on their website with FREE shipping. I even did a live chat with a rep and I was informed that the watches are indeed in the warehouse and ready to ship.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Based on some of the comments in this thread it appears Shop Casio may not have the best track record when it comes to releasing limited edition watches. But just in case anyone is still on the hunt Nordstrom now has it listed on their website with FREE shipping. I even did a live chat with a rep and I was informed that the watches are indeed in the warehouse and ready to ship.
where exactly, I just checked, and couldn't find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts