WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be alone in this, but I'd like to see a 34mm marine original small seconds. The 36mm is great but man it would be aesthetically pleasing to see the subdial sit lower and cut a little bit into the 5 and 7 hour markers. Am I the only one here? Obviously this will probably never happen but a man can dream can't he?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I totally agree with you, the subdial position and the empty space around the movement and the 36mm case is a bit annoying, would be nice to have a smaller marine watch that looks just like a miniature of the 40mm version.

·
Registered
30,620 Posts
It would be nice for those of us with smaller wrists.....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I don't need a watch below 36mm, as 36-42mm I am happy with (I know that small watch doesn't necessarily means women's watch).

However.... purely from a business point of view I think Stowa are missing a trick by not having smaller watches. It seems that many Stowa owners collect Stowa watches, and in many cases a lot of them! I also think it is highly likely that these owners would buy one for their wife / partner as a by product of that collecting and almost as an excuse to by another Stowa.... but the offering of watches below 36mm is none existent (my wife wearing a 36mm Antea would look ridiculous, like me wearing a 48mm watch).

Nomos caught onto this and offered the whole range as a 33mm, should Stowa offer a 32mm(ish) Antea I would buy it as a gift in a flash... if 1/2 the avid collectors of Stowa did that it would add up to alot of watches. I think its evident that most forum users are men, but 1/2 the population seems to be pretty badly done by if they dont want a watch with fussy dial designs or diamonds on the dial - some of the womens offering from brands are awful!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are definitely not alone, to me this is the same issue as the date window position people talk about often. It will be nice for me to have a 34mm case with "better" dial proportion because I have a smaller wrist, but in reality I think Stowa is kind enough to release a 36mm version as I suspect 34mm case might be too small for most people's taste, and if you look at the dial layout of the very expensive 37mm modern Patek 5196......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts