WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0345.JPG Wondering if this is a good choice. I know how to convert it, it's simply the matter of finding a suitable case. The watch is a 0s Elgin (not entirely sure how many lignes that is). If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to share it! :-!

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Convert from 'what to what' and why?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From Pocket watch to wrist watch. It's too small as well and the case is too delicate for me to casually wear when I want to. I'm afraid that the engravings on the case will eventually wear off if I continue to use it.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Personally to me it is a ludicrous idea.
Why not convert it into a car clock?
But if it makes you happy, its fine.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
If it's 0s, then in theory you can search for vintage 0s wristwatch cases. Of course, most of the ones you'll find will already have movements in them. If you're looking for a new case, you're kinda in the wrong forum; the watchmakers forum might have some leads. For the time and effort though, you're probably farther ahead to look for existing 0s wrist watches from the 20's or 30's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's 0s, then in theory you can search for vintage 0s wristwatch cases. Of course, most of the ones you'll find will already have movements in them. If you're looking for a new case, you're kinda in the wrong forum; the watchmakers forum might have some leads. For the time and effort though, you're probably farther ahead to look for existing 0s wrist watches from the 20's or 30's.
Seems like a good idea. I'll give it a shot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts