WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really missed my stainless steel caliber 89 and vowed to replace it with a solid gold version this year. I picked up an ultra-thin caliber 401 earlier that I thought would scratch the itch but I was mistaken, so when I was offered a swap (my caliber 591 Seamaster for this ribbon lug caliber 89) I had to do it.

It wears very comfortably and sits really nicely on my wrist. The member who owned it said it never looked right on his wrist so he didn't wear and I rarely pulled the Seamaster out of the box anymore. The values were equal, we test drove them while at lunch, and agreed to the trade.

Before you get any crazy ideas: no, I'm not getting out of Omega - so don't expect a fire sale any time soon. :-d

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Congratulations. That's a real beauty.:-!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Here's another Omega guy who would have made that swap :-!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Well done, given the comparative scarcity of vintage IWC watches compared to Omegas, it's an easy decision. So when does the hunt for a replacement 561 begin?

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done, given the comparative scarcity of vintage IWC watches compared to Omegas, it's an easy decision. So when does the hunt for a replacement 561 begin?
It's a 591 - and it's already over. We decided to trade back. No worries and no regrets on my end since I know for sure I'll be buying one of these IWC's very soon. Both of us had second thoughts but it was cool to wear a different watch for a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts