WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this is the wrong forum, but I haven't found another that would answer this question. Where do you turn if you have a dial idea and want it printed/etched on a blank? This has no dots or markers glued on - just lines and text. I assume folks here have people they find reliable for this kind of work. I have an Adobe Illustrator file that I made up (easily converted to any other file type). It needs to be pretty precise for the application I have in mind, so it probably needs to be done with a computer.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The industry standard for dial printing is a method called pad printing. I am not sure of a service that will do just one or even a low quantity order but you have two solutions here:

1. You can learn pad printing yourself. You can get a pad printing machine from overseas under $500USD. You will also need cliches and ink which you can most likely find locally or online. It is a steep learning curve, but there is a lot of information online.

2. For a more beginner-friendly option, here is a video the Watch Repair Channel did. It won't achieve the same quality as pad printing, but still a good option if you just want to get started.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I found a guy in Hong Kong 6 years ago who did one for me and did it well. I'm not sure if I can still reach him but will try. If I can reach him I'll send you the e-mail and name.

You need to do a really good drawing and then scan & send it to him then he gets it printed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a guy in Hong Kong 6 years ago who did one for me and did it well. I'm not sure if I can still reach him but will try. If I can reach him I'll send you the e-mail and name.

You need to do a really good drawing and then scan & send it to him then he gets it printed.
If you could look for that email address, I would really appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts