WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i have an os300m with the brushed front and polished sides. i want to make the sides of the watch match the front of the watch. i've heard green "scotchbright" pads will do the trick, but i'd rather hear from the experts on this forum ;-)!

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Honestly, I like the watch the way it came out of the factory. Now, if you must do this "mod" let a pro watch maker do it properly. I personally would not subject my $1K+ mechanical diver watch to a refinishing pad and risk doing damage.

If this were a $100 buck watch, OK, but a piece of this caliber deserves better treatment.

·
6,887 Posts
Now, if you must do this "mod" let a pro watch maker do it properly.
I agree 100% with Mini on this.

Although I would take it one step farther. All brushed case and then have it PVD it would go great with the dial & hands. IMO that would be SUPER BAD ASS:-!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Green scotch brite pads will do the trick. Just be sure to brush the case sides in a straight line. Practice first on an old case or old bracelet first to get the hand of it. If you don't like the results on your watch case you can always restore the shiny polish finish. Give it a try. You'll be amazed at the results.:-!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The pads won't give you the same look, texture and finish as the brushed face of the case. And you won't be able to get straight lines with those curves on the case. For such a nice watch, I'd let a pro do it the right way or you might end up turning it into a $300 watch.
But the watch is soooo good the way it is. The polished sides give it such a nice contrast and they are nowhere near as polished as the MM300. I would leave it as is.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pads won't give you the same look, texture and finish as the brushed face of the case. And you won't be able to get straight lines with those curves on the case. For such a nice watch, I'd let a pro do it the right way or you might end up turning it into a $300 watch.
But the watch is soooo good the way it is. The polished sides give it such a nice contrast and they are nowhere near as polished as the MM300. I would leave it as is.
hello,
after all the excellent input, i think i'll just leave the watch the way it is. i don't want to ruin the watch <|. plus, after inspecting it closely (again :-d), the polished sides do add extra depth to the watch.
thank you again for the awesome input!!!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree 100% with Mini on this.

Although I would take it one step farther. All brushed case and then have it PVD it would go great with the dial & hands. IMO that would be SUPER BAD ASS:-!
if i had the extra $$$$$, i'd definately pvd the watch...but at $650 for the case and another bit of change for the bracelet, i'd rather use the extra $$$ for more watches ;-)!

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
IMHO, don't do it. I bought a Landmaster that the previous owner had done that too. Granted it was bright ti but the damage was done. I lost $1000 on that watch when I tried to sell it. I am a firm believer in leaving the watch in original condition. Trust me, others will not appreciate your efforts. This is all moot if you are keeping the watch, but if you try to sell it you will reget the mod. I would only mod cheap watches as in SKX series watches.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
hello,
after all the excellent input, i think i'll just leave the watch the way it is. i don't want to ruin the watch <|. plus, after inspecting it closely (again :-d), the polished sides do add extra depth to the watch.
thank you again for the awesome input!!!
Thank you. I was contemplating driving to Roanoke to to steal this watch from you before you could deface it. I'm glad I don't have to do this now.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Don't refinish unless you are absolutely sure. My dad took off the corners on his Citizen crystron 4 mega and honestly, it looked like hell til Noah Riley fixed it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts