WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting one of these for a dressier option, however wondering it its going to look like a flashlight in dark conditions.

Reactions: DJW GB

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Re: Mako XL FEM75005RW

Hi there ," k9shag " If it helps i done a thread on this here https://www.watchuseek.com/f410/story-about-some-new-orients-848252.html . There is also a thread after this with more pics . I would say unless it has just had a full charge it is not too bright but just glows a little. One of the usual complaints is it may be a little difficult to see the hands at first glance , but its not too bad imo. Hope this helps and thelink works .DW.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

got the XL luminous dial today. The day and date do not line up (very noticeable) and the crown is wobbly when screwing it back in. Is this normal for the XL I do not recall this with the black ray I used to have. Mark from Island Watch said that I could return it and sent me a label. Just want to make sure that my expectations are not greater than they should be at this price point.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts

got the XL luminous dial today. The day and date do not line up (very noticeable) and the crown is wobbly when screwing it back in. Is this normal for the XL I do not recall this with the black ray I used to have. Mark from Island Watch said that I could return it and sent me a label. Just want to make sure that my expectations are not greater than they should be at this price point.
I bought my XL from Mark too. Not sure what you mean about the date/day not lining up. You may want to post a pic ? As far as the crown, mine does wobble a bit but I think this is typical as there should be some play.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Is the pusher for the date/day working properly :think:

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
By wobbly do you mean you can move it around more than say half a mm?

As for the day and date not aligning exactly right - this is somewhat common with the 46943 movement. I'd say a little deviation is acceptable by Orient's standard.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have two Mako xl's. Blue and a lume faced,they both have a little issue with the date lining up but on the plus side they keep great time. At this price point I can overlook a minor thing as the date window matching up. If it was two or three times then price it would be a major issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have two Mako xl's. Blue and a lume faced,they both have a little issue with the date lining up but on the plus side they keep great time. At this price point I can overlook a minor thing as the date window matching up. If it was two or three times then price it would be a major issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think I have to agree although I have not worn it since it arrived. I gave it a few shakes and set it and put it back in the box and it is still holding time. I can probably overlook a couple of small issues for that especially at this price. Guess its time to size the band and let Mark at IW know I am keeping it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it is sized and I must say fits my 7" wrist well. It is a solid timepiece with just enough heft. I am glad I decided to keep it. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

Reactions: DJW GB
1 - 11 of 11 Posts