WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

And the winner is?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to introduce some variety, I'd like to try something new. On occasion (I don't want to commit to a particular frequency) I will post a "Mano a Mano."

What is it? Simple:
Two similar watches in head to head competition. Winner takes all.

You do the research, you do the math and you pick the winner.

Today's contest match-up is:
Marathon GSAR vs Sinn 104A.
GSAR.jpg
104.jpg

Have fun and post your comments!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Neither gets my heart thumping. Both feature Sellita based movements if I'm not mistaken? Both get good reviews on here so the only thing that I have to go by is looks.

Therefore, the Marathon gets my vote. Plus you get TRITIUM and a sweet maple leaf on the dial. I also like to support our neighbors up north.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sinn 104 for me because I prefer watches with a date window and the dial is cleaner.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neither gets my heart thumping. Both feature Sellita based movements if I'm not mistaken? Both get good reviews on here so the only thing that I have to go by is looks.

Therefore, the Marathon gets my vote. Plus you get TRITIUM and a sweet maple leaf on the dial. I also like to support our neighbors up north.
The Marathon GSAR is an ETA 2824-2 movement.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I've only handled the Sinn, so no idea about the quality of the marathon, but for me the Sinn is a great watch and well worth the asking price. So, Sinn for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I almost voted Sinn because it is clean, legible, and has the useful day complication. Also, the Marathon is a bit too busy. Nonetheless, I went Marathon because there's something remarkable about that deep-set dial and aggressive crown.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Great idea.

The Sinn is definitely the better looking watch but if I were a soldier or often found myself in sticky situations I'd rather have the Marathon on my wrist.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sinn because it's a cleaner design and only 11.5mm thick. The Marathon at 14mm thick combined with the chunky case and busy dial design make it a no-go for me. Too much happening there for my taste but those might be the things that make someone else love it.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
104 galore please!

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Not totally all-in on either one, but the Marathon gets my vote because I like the look of the deep-set dial and the tritium functionality, judg69

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I wouldn't buy either at full price but the Sinn is a much better choice for me. Size, dial, looks in general. Sinn is a company I trust since I've owned several of the brand. The Marathon has always looked a bit clownish due to the deep dial and it looks out of balance with the bracelet. I'd love to wear one for a few days to see if I could change my mind after actually handling it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts