WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a thread earlier somewhere where someone mentioned about manual winding.

Lets say i have not worn my watches for sometime. You guys mentioned the need to manually wind it.

When i tried the manual winding on my PO it works. but i wound for quite a long time and still didnt hear any click sound to tell me to stop.

How about the Seamaster? does it allow manual winding? i tried, but couldnt get it to wind. its moving, because i shook it slightly.

anyone advice on the "manual winding" for both PO and SMP?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Omega actually has a pdf copy of their manual online here. Scroll down to around page 15 for info on winding.

All Omega automatics can also be hand wound, including the PO and the SMP.

eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes that's an interesting question. I pulled my PO out of the safe where it has been sitting for a week. A quick shake didnt get it started neither did a quick wind and with panic setting in a gave it a tab on my palm and off it went. Whew! I wonder why it needed a bump to set it off? Nearly 50 full turns to hear the clicks. As for the manual, I find Omega manuals very short on details.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OzzieJohn,

i have to agree. the manuals do not help very much and are not very clear to understand.

So, you did your winding 50 times, on which crown setting? the fully pushed in, or pulled out setting 1? and which direction did you turn? crown turning away or towards you?

I have turned mine, but hear no clicks.

thanks.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
The Co-Axial 2500C Calibre needs a little kick-start to get it going. If I wind my AquaTerra 15-20 times, nothing happens. As soon as I give the watch a little soft nudge, away it goes. When I spoke to my repairer, he told me that this was a by-product or side-effect of the upgrade from the Calibre 2500B to the 2500C. I think, but don't quote me, it has something to do with the change in lift angle to the movement or the drop in vpm from 28,800 down to 21,000. No major drama.
Regarding the PO, once again, 15-20 winds are enough to get it going. Forty or fifty winds should be enough to fully wind it. My 42mm PO is currently with Omega ungoing some fine adjustment so I can't check it. However, I do recall hearing the click coming from the watch whenever it was fully wound.

teeritz

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The 'C' runs at 25,200bph. Never had a problem with it starting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts