WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,331 Posts
Welcome to WUS. Are there any marks on the movement or back of the case? What is the mark just below the hands?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for replying. Nothing on the back. There is a Westminster emblem which it’s not. Only some Roman numerals below the pendulum.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,331 Posts
It's difficult to tell where it's from and who made it. Does it have an 8 day or 31 day movement? Are the movement plates made of brass or steel?

At the very least you have a running schoolhouse or octagonal style clock at a bargain price. And it's good looking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It appears to be 31 day. Not sure about the plates. I’m hoping someone has seen one before who knows who makes it. I have a Westminster regulator school house clock that I bought from a Mennonite clock guy in Hershey and it has a black Forrest movement from Germany but I have no idea who made the housing. I suspect the seller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cleaning the movement today. No identification on the movement. Pendulum keeps stopping. Clock leveled and moved in each direction and it keeps stopping. Hopefully cleaning and oiling it will help.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,331 Posts
Level isn't as important as equalizing the time between tick and tock when the pendulum is swinging.. Carefully shift the clock back and forth until the times sound equal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts