WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying one of these, because the 39 just doesn't have enough wrist presence for me, but I'm worried that the 46 might just be too big for my 6.5 wrist. Can you Maratac owners with small wrist sizes post some pics?

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Have you tried the midsize on? Didn't seem too small on a ~7" wrist to me. YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried the midsize on? Didn't seem too small on a ~7" wrist to me. YMMV, of course.
I can't try them on, so that's why I need pictures. I've got an skx009 that's about the same size as the mid. I just want something a little larger, but I'm concerned that anything over 44 is just going to look weird.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
DON'T DO IT FITZS!!! Here's how the 46mm looked on my 6.5" wrist:

I don't have a wrist shot of the 39mm on my wrist but in my opinion, the 39mm was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Just over 7 inch wrist. My wrist is more flat than thick, but the lugs don't over hang my wrist. It's a big watch. It's also a pilot watch.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DON'T DO IT FITZS!!! Here's how the 46mm looked on my 6.5" wrist:

I don't have a wrist shot of the 39mm on my wrist but in my opinion, the 39mm was a perfect fit.
Bingo. You just talked me out of it. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Bingo. You just talked me out of it. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.
Glad I could help. Your previous comment about a max of 44mm was bang on. I had a Steinhart 44mm Nav B-Uhr B-Type and it fit my 6.5" puny wrist much better than the Maratac large. There was a very slight overhang with the Steinhart but it was perfectly fine. Sorry but I don't have wrist shot on that one...

If you could spring the extra dough for the Steiny I think you'd be happy with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from a few jewelry stores, where my main goal was trying on huge watches. Turns out, I pulled off a 50mm Michael Kors quite well, so much so that I was thinking about actually buying it. So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 46mm Pilot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts