WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the chance and ordered the Maratac Pilot hoping it wasn't too big. My wrist is roughly 7 inches (no bigger).

The stock band was crap, crap, crap, and irritated my wrist. CC needs to provide a decent band (take the hint from your customers, I'm not the only one making this comment).

I had the Kain was on the way. I had to take out the steel tubes in the band to get it to clear the watch and lock the pins in. But afterwards the band moves freely. It makes the watch look smaller and balanced.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about the watch and the look. It is surely my new favorite! Enjoy the pics.

The pic makes it look like it hangs over my wrist, but its just the angle.
It fits even with the wrist and the thinker band makes the watch look smaller.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That is a very nice strap. I ordered a DiModell 'Jumbo' and hope it has a similar impact. Very handsome. Should the DiModell ever show up I'll post here for ease and amusement of comparison.

I have to agree--even 42-43mm would make it look a bit less like I'm strapping on a wall clock from Union Station.

·
Premium Member
41,121 Posts
I too have this watch and love the build quality. Great perks for the price, but yes their bands are like wearing the plastic wrist bands you get at a beer garden. Not comfortable, so I did the same and upgraded to a better strap that really makes this watch look nice.

I really like your choice of colors for your band selection. Very nice.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
That looks great :-!

I've been very tempted since CC first put it up on their site, but I know my wrist and it's just a bit too big. I have to be careful just going to the CC site as I always find something I need for Scouts :-d

·
Banned
652 Posts
Love that look....here is mine. Got the watch second hand with a nice black/gray ZULU from Chris at The Texas Strap Co..he hooked me up with the Zulu from his company...and it looks great..however...this is my first pilot so I wanted to do it right...got a real nice Panatime Aviator (second hand also...thanks Eddie)...and put on an aftermarket brushed butterfly clasp that I had in my rather ridiculous collection of straps, pins, clasps and odd/ends...but that blk/gry look in the leather strap goes great with this watch. Loved it the second I put it on...its a keeper. Have a great weekend everyone...and "Dabomb"...im not trying to show you up...just adding the exclamation point at the end of your thread...this is a great watch...if you are on the fence for a nice pilot and don't want to break the bank...this is the one.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

·
Banned
652 Posts
By the way...if anyone is wondering or nervous about size or lug to lug distance or whatever...this watch is 46mm I believe...I have HUGE hands and my wrists (never measured) have got to be in the mid 7" range...but I have seen 6.5" wrists with this same watch and it looks great both ways...so I hope that helps with any quesions that will arise on size or girth of this piece. Not overly thick at all...but you know its there...nice and light though...just right for this diameter on a pilot.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That looks great, and your right so so much better than the stock. Glad to hear it works size wise :) I still don't think I'd go for it, with my ~7" or less wrist though. Sure wish this one came in a 42- but then I'd have one more on my wish list

·
Registered
653 Posts
DiModell Jumbo strap. Hopefully I'll not decide to sell this watch because it sure is a tough one to photograph.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts