WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've had my new 2010 GSAR for 5 days now, night lime with tritium bikes is amazing in low light/ Total Darkness.
Accuracy after setting straight from delivered parcel has been -6 seconds in 5 days, this is awesome, equal to my Hamilton X-Wind Valjoux 7750.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
It uses the standard ETA 2824, sub-$1000 has nothing to do with it.
Of course it does. I was generalizing; but the fact is, most affordable autos are not chronometer grade or tightly regulated. Everything from eta, to seiko to Miyota........all are capable of decent accuracy but anyone who has flipped as much as we have knows that out of the box they can be anywhere from a few seconds to 25-30 off per day....hence "luck of the draw". My point was when you spend more the movements are generally regulated tighter at the factory, chronometer grade or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Of course it does. I was generalizing; but the fact is, most affordable autos are not chronometer grade or tightly regulated. Everything from eta, to seiko to Miyota........all are capable of decent accuracy but anyone who has flipped as much as we have knows that out of the box they can be anywhere from a few seconds to 25-30 off per day....hence "luck of the draw". My point was when you spend more the movements are generally regulated tighter at the factory, chronometer grade or not.
True. That said, most Rolex I've owned have been the most inaccurate watches I've owned, most running fast on my wrist. I just picked up a new GSAR which is now a tad over two weeks old. It's currently running a second slow after 2 weeks constant use. Not bad for a movement that hasn't even bedded in yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the new 2013 model with the tritium seconds hand is regulated pretty well. mine is +4 seconds per week ; my two previous 2824 watches were -4 to -5 seconds per day lol

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't need to spend +$1k on a watch to have it regulated...

It sounds to me that you're tying to justify dropping big $$$ on watches & using regulation as your means. Silly...

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I don't need to spend +$1k on a watch to have it regulated...

It sounds to me that you're tying to justify dropping big $$$ on watches & using regulation as your means. Silly...
Don't know how you figure that? Just pointing out that regulation may be required......hence my comment that the movements are capable. Had my share of SAR variations "tightened up" by Jack at IWW over the years...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all, Happy New Year, interesting reading, and since last post 6 days ago, she's only running -9 secs from setting 12 days ago. Very accurate. I find the Hamilton's I own remarkably accurate over long periods of time also, X-Wind 7750 Valjoux and Khaki officers auto.
I've not had any regulated and find even when in watch winder, they hold their state :)
Must say I love the GSAR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts