WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the game here owning nothing but Timex Ironman dress chronographs for the past 8 years yeah i know, but they were closing out the model and i bought 4 of them at once and just kept retiring them when the batteries died. Two weeks ago started to do some research and bought a Marathon Navigator used online and got hooked. Found a GSAR used as well and just got it yesterday. Wow, is all I can say. I'm not a jewelry type and this watch fits my needs perfectly. 22 hours in and it's keeping -2s so far. I can't stop looking at it.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Hi JNT & welcome to the forums.ROCK solid watch that GSAR is.I have a Navigator myself,great little watch.Enjoy!

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts

On your purchase and remember...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi there,

welcome to this wonderful part of the online world were we are all equal as long as you wear or own at least 2 divewatches......There are worst ways to introduce yourself, the Marathon is one of the iconic dive watches, at least in my book.

Another thing we have in common is.............we all love pictures. So would you please post some, love to see your GSAR, the ultimate toolwatch IMHO. If there's anything you need from us, just let us know and we will be all over you!

Enjoy your stay,

Eric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple weeks in and love this GSAR even more than I thought I would. Also my first auto and I read a lot about everyone's reports on accuracy. So far this one is consistently -2s per day. Pretty happy with that. I wear it 24/7.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That's a good, solid choice. I've got a GSAR as well, and it was one of my first, and although I have several dive watches now, still wear it often.

·
Banned
597 Posts
The GSAR is a fantastic piece. And a great value. I had one that I loved and then it went wonky. Wouldn't keep time. Brought it to a watchmaker 4 times. Got a couple movement overhaul and it still wouldn't keep time. Finally gave up.

If you got one that keeps time, that is great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts