WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just bought a Marathon stainless steel bracelet for my SAR, and am expecting it anyday now. I've held off for a while due to hearing horror stories of how difficult the thing is to put on the watch and take off. I finally broke down and bought one that I probably won't take off, as I really like the look of it. I really like moving straps, but this may not happen on this watch. I'm pretty saavy with bracelets and have no fear of it, but want to get some of your opinions and help/suggestions on what to look out for, etc. Any suggestions on putting in on and taking it off? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Because it is such a tight fit, you'll have to get one end of the spring bar compressed against the lug before trying to push the other end in. If you try to push the endlink straight in, it wont work. It would help immensely if you had the forked tool from Bergeon - the tiny end is the one you want to use. You could also try it with a cheap tool but those tend to have fatter forks that limit your access.

In the end, its all metal, so I wouldn't be worried about damaging it. Just work from the side of the endlink that faces your wrist, and any scratches won't be seen.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Sean (Yamahaki) did a video on how best to affix the Marathon bracelet at some point didn't he? I wonder if it's on YouTube...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Chunk!!! ;D

Love the goonies avatar you've got smalls, very cool!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. The video looks like it'll be a big help. Can't wait to get the bracelet! The video sure makes it look easy!

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. The video looks like it'll be a big help. Can't wait to get the bracelet! The video sure makes it look easy!
Sean is the man, he makes pretty much anything watch related look easy... you oughta see his collection, purely awe-striking. Wow I'm gettin' drunk, typing has become quite the chore! ;D

We got snowed in today, just came down in dry blankets and the wind is whipping the fresh powder top about in such a thrashing fashion that you can't even go out without goggles and mask on, it's overwhelming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts