WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have had a tritium tube fall out in your TSAR?

Conversely, how many of you have not lost a tritium tube?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
A tritium tube fall out? Should be zero, unless the crystal broke as well.

Tritium tube become detached from the dial? Not on a TSAR, but, once when re-fitting a crystal on a Marathon Field, I crushed one vial and detached another.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A tritium tube fall out? Should be zero, unless the crystal broke as well.

Tritium tube become detached from the dial? Not on a TSAR, but, once when re-fitting a crystal on a Marathon Field, I crushed one vial and detached another.

No, I don't mean fall out of the watch - I mean fall off of it's mount. Detach. Unglued. Hanging or rattling around.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I have a Traser and had two Luminox’s when I rode my ridged (MC without shocks) from AZ to NV twice a month for years. None of the two had their tritium markers fall off of their positions.

Don’t know what they use, but it’s pretty good stuff.

Pops

·
Registered
740 Posts
....happened to me:-(

I dropped in on the floor and with a thud, a tube was knocked out. Here it is next to a traser.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've had mine for nearly 3 years...it's taken some stick. No issues.

·
Premium Member
14,577 Posts
Man that looks like it gets one hell of a beating, i sometimes use my precista PRS17Q for the same thing, but now i want to find another hard wearing watch i think that may be my next one :-!

I've had mine for nearly 3 years...it's taken some stick. No issues.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Man that looks like it gets one hell of a beating, i sometimes use my precista PRS17Q for the same thing, but now i want to find another hard wearing watch i think that may be my next one :-!
It's my holiday/beach/work/great outdoors watch. It's a great grab and go watch.
That pic was taken after a full day mixing concrete . I took a pic of it 30 minutes later after a shower. It cleaned up well...ready for a stroll down to the pub.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have had mine for going on 2 years and no problems with the tritium tubes. And its taken a beating ever since i've owned it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
mine is also fine, even after a pinbar failure and it fell off my wrist.... at 30mph..... out the window.... case was a little scratched up, but it ticks away faithfully! a little scotchbrite pad and a buffing wheel, and it was good to go!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: I've had Three TSARs and Four GSARs

Something I have constantly told people about the Marathon SAR family of watches is that if you want a watch that will be perfect, with no "little" problems whatsoever, than this probably isn't a watch for you. These watches are made for the military, not for the common person. Therefore, there may be some small like quirks with the watches. For example, the bezel on my tsar has been very "gritty" since day 1, but it has never failed me at all. The sar family of watches are truly watches you can wear without worries of damage. My has been slammed into more things than I can remember

·
Registered
448 Posts
mine is also fine, even after a pinbar failure and it fell off my wrist.... at 30mph..... out the window.... case was a little scratched up, but it ticks away faithfully! a little scotchbrite pad and a buffing wheel, and it was good to go!
COOL! Can you post a photo of the watch after this fall? i mean, the scratches and dings on it :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Was this on an ETA or Quartz???

Thanks,

Pops

1 - 20 of 27 Posts