WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Marathon.....been reading forums about size of the tsar being smaller than expected...41mm....I like the new trend of the po/seastar models at 44/45mm....just wondering if this will be an issue...or if the watch still looks good...I have avg size wrists......would like to get the csar @ 46mm...but 2100usd just too high right now:thanks
sj

·
Registered
493 Posts
My wrist is an average size at about 7.25/7.5 inch depending on the weather. I have watches ranging from 35mm dress watches to 50mm Suunto's. I find the SAR range the perfect size in balancing wear-ability, visibility and comfort.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looking to buy a Marathon.....been reading forums about size of the tsar being smaller than expected...41mm....I like the new trend of the po/seastar models at 44/45mm....just wondering if this will be an issue...or if the watch still looks good...I have avg size wrists......would like to get the csar @ 46mm...but 2100usd just too high right now:thanks
sj
You could always get a JSAR which is 46mm, same size as a CSAR.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You could always get a JSAR which is 46mm, same size as a CSAR.

where was this announced. i did a search and got nothing. any word on them doing a large SAR?

·
Registered
227 Posts
44 down to 41 is only this much "--".
Not exactly a country mile.:-d
Plus, the T-Sar has a nice thickness to it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hate small watches... but as someone mentioned earlier the tsar and gsar do sit high on the wrist... they have a deep chapter ring. And wear very well with a 4 ring nato.

I had a SMP GMT and at about 41.5mm it felt like a womens watch. The Marathons are a lot more "chunkier"

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like the tsar would work for me....but now that the jsar is coming out...do you think the 46.6mm would be too big for my 7.25 wrists??
sj

·
Registered
493 Posts
There are a whole set of pics up now on County Comm

·
Registered
780 Posts
sounds like the tsar would work for me....but now that the jsar is coming out...do you think the 46.6mm would be too big for my 7.25 wrists??
sj
'Too big' would be a judgement call. The more relevant fact is that a 41mm+ watch is by no means too small for the average wrist. I find that a 40mm case looks quite proportional on my larger than average wrist.

A more important point to consider, esp. with dive watches is whether the actual dial portion of the watch is big enough. I have a Timex diver that measures about 40mm across the case, but the actual dial is disappointingly small when compared to a Seiko diver that is nearly the same overall size. A too-big watch might look a little odd in an office situation, but I wouldn't compromise on readability of a watch I might actually dive with.

And maybe I just happen to like the idea of the J-SAR ;-).

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
It appears I have a quartz Marathon thing going on...why stop now?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2007/2057216173_89c4da729f.jpg?v=0

Looking at how 'inset' the Date window placement is and what appears to be a movement locator in the caseback removed photo on Countycomm, I suspect the movement is the exact same one from the T-Sar, only with a black/white date wheel rather than a white/black.

Hmmmm, could be a nice 'tweak' to my T-Sar.

Oh well, need to get the J-Sar first. = )

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
On order w/ Bracelet, pic(s) to follow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Crap my head is spinning, Seiko Sumo - JSar, Sumo - JSar, Sumo - JSar, ..............

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh when will it end.

Just kidding. I'll be ordering a JSar in December :p.

The Sumo's going on the back burner for now. Anybody have any idea on whether the bracelet will have the eagle on it or not?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Should receive this coming monday, hope to post pix that evening.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
COURTESY OF THE UPS DRIVER REATTEMPTING DELIVERY ON A PICK-UP IN MY AREA AT 7PM, THANKS AGAIN MAN!

T-SAR & J-SAR, about a pound of stainless and quartz movements, LOL.

J-SAR SOLO

Initial Comments:
1. Yes, it is big and tall, OVER 1/2" tall.
2. Case horn spring bar holes are drilled rather high, suspect this will limit use of "THICK" leather bands, surprised I haven't seen similar comment on the C-SAR since its case has to be drilled the exact same way.

Time to take it for a test drive, it's Friday Night in South Florida and in the low 70's.;-)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts