WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charity Folks are auctioning an expedition worn black face Soarway Diver. It was worn my Marcus Fillinger on his ice diving expedition to the North Pole. You can tell your kids, you've got a watch from the North Pole! I think my kids would love it. . . well, that would be my story to my wife.

Happy Holidays.

Kev.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fyi -

"About Marcus Fillinger:
During the expedition, Marcus reached the geographic North Pole by way of dog sledge. Due to the rough terrain of the Arctic, it is regarded as the most difficult type of expedition on the Arctic pack ice. Once at 90ºN, he dived beneath the ice at the North Pole, making him the first person to reach the North Pole by way of dog sledge and to dive under 90ºN."

·
Registered
311 Posts
Kev

It say's the watch accompanied him to the north pole and that it is in new condition, do you know if he actually wore the watch and dove with it? That was some adventure!

Marko

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know for sure, but I assume the 'new condition' is an overstatement or oversight. I think the winner would get the actual watch worn on the expedition. I got out bid on Fienne's Everest bid watch. It was also auctioned by Charity Folks.

The auction allows questions. I'd post there to be certain.

Kev.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Another question to ask would be - which one is it? Maybe I'm missing something, but there are several pics, a couple of which look like stock Kobold ones. But half the pics are of a black face, and half are the arctic blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts