WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Did you ask on the Affordables where jakisbkc posted these movements ? He should know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,
I had no itention to step on Jacisbac. He did a great service in posting the movement pictures. I have the same two watches and just wanted confirmation on the movements. Sorry if I offended anyone. There was no posting identifying the movements and I just wanted additonal information.

S

·
0 Posts
Mike,
I had no itention to step on Jacisbac. He did a great service in posting the movement pictures. I have the same two watches and just wanted confirmation on the movements. Sorry if I offended anyone. There was no posting identifying the movements and I just wanted additonal information.
You didn´t offend anyone but I thought it would make sence to ask the movment question in that thread because I supposed the knowledge to be over there. And obviously it is:
The movement is copied from the Miyota. The auto-wind has been modified to be bi-directional, and the ability for the hack option has been added.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Can any one tell me the particulars about these two movements? Thanks.
The chrome one on the right looks like a Seagull ST6D. Originally, it was a lady watch movement, but was modefied to fit a man's watch. Some early Seagull Man's automatic watch also used this movement, but most are found in fake watches.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,746 Posts
The chrome one on the right looks like a Seagull ST6D. Originally, it was a lady watch movement, but was modefied to fit a man's watch. Some early Seagull Man's automatic watch also used this movement, but most are found in fake watches.
The gold-tone one is from Nanning. It is a functional copy of the Miyota.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Edgel I guess I should have mentioned what the differences were anway I posted them because a few guys wanted to see what was inside the case. Majority of the time watches like these are either cased with modified myiota's or copies there after. As far as quality well they both run ok for me (for what they are and paid) if you looking for true accuracy then I would say then a Quartz watch would be the thing to get. Im sure your much like I/me dont really care that much and just wanted to know the difference. Depending on the factory that these watches come out of you get different movt's but the same if you get my drift (when they run out of one movt then they exchange that movt for another i.e, parts etc.)

Thanks Soviet and Chas for answering the movt question because I thought the gold one was a ST16xx but I wasnt sure

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I appreciate the info also as i have the one on the right (Military V).:thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts