WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just comparing the official store images of the 36 KS and central seconds models, it looks like the KS comes on a thicker strap. Is that also in reality, or does that picture show the hand-stitched upgraded strap instead? (I should probably inquire at their customer service, but in case anyone can confirm).

·
Banned
9 Posts
I have a 7" wrist. My 37mm Stowa Partitio wears a bit larger than some of my 38mm Seiko divers as I think the dial is wider. They all look fine to me. I don't really care what size a watch is, as I also have g-shocks into the 50mm range. Wear whatever you want. Enjoy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
It should fit most small to medium circumference wrists very well, and only look small on guys with tree limbs for arms (8"+). I'm not going to tell a man with arms like that his watch is too small, are you? I didn't think so...

·
Registered
Omega Speedy Pro, Guinand Series 40, Sinn 104, Stowa Marine 36, CWC G10, Magrette Moana
8 Posts
You can compensate the smaller watch size with a fancier strap. This will give you more options to match it with your clothes, than a bigger watch where you see less of the strap while looking at the watch.
Totally agree! I have a 36mm Marine, and a 16.5cm wrist. I love the way, that the straps comes more into play, with smaller watches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the 36mm diameter watches from Stowa have always worn a lot larger than the, say, Seiko 36mm watches, as the bezels are thin and the dial ends up taking up a much larger surface area. I would say 36mm is a great size. Also, taking the lug-to-lug length into consideration, the actual profile on the wrist is not so small at all.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

I can now answer my own question.

The 36mm looks fine on a 7.x" wrist. Sure, if you're used to looking at 40+mm watches it will look different at first, but it's actually a beautifully proportioned watch which I expect will look fine on most wrist sizes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts