WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was slightly disappointed to see that the Marine with the white dial has now moved to the new logo, as I really liked the look of the old one on that model. It remains on the list to purchase when funds allow, but has perhaps moved down a rung or two! I'm sure some will prefer it though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Was slightly disappointed to see that the Marine with the white dial has now moved to the new logo, as I really liked the look of the old one on that model. It remains on the list to purchase when funds allow, but has perhaps moved down a rung or two! I'm sure some will prefer it though.
personally, i share your disappointment of the logo change, I did not pursue the marine a10 due to my preference for the old logo. I hope that I can free my funds fast enough before they change it on the partitio as well.

saying that, i fully understand (though not fully agree) why this logo change step was taken.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the new logo looks really good on the 'modern' designs like the prodiver, seatime and testaf, but the 'heritage' designs, like the Marine, Flieger and Antea seem to fit the old logo better. However the 'heritage' watches still look really nice with the new logo, so perhaps I shouldn't grumble!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree, I much prefer the old logo and I think that keeping it for the "heritage" designs is a great idea. Luckily I was able to get one of the last marine autos (I would guess) to have the old logo. It's a possibility you could request they put an old logo dial on your order when you decide to purchase. I've heard they have taken requests like using a different crown and things like that before.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I think the new logo looks really good on the 'modern' designs like the prodiver, seatime and testaf, but the 'heritage' designs, like the Marine, Flieger and Antea seem to fit the old logo better. However the 'heritage' watches still look really nice with the new logo, so perhaps I shouldn't grumble!
Totally agreed. I still prefer the old logo on any Stowa watches, but the more I look at it the new logo doesn't seem to look that bad at all.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
At least the name/logo is place a bit higher up--I saw an A10 dial where the name appeared too low to me. Here's the new Marine:

·
Registered
910 Posts
^^^^ I think it looks fantastic. Beautiful!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
While I have a slight preference for the old logo, the new one is just fine. In any case, I've never picked out rejected a watch based on the logo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts