WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I'm looking to buy a diver in the $2k range, and I feel like these are the best in the price range. I'm having trouble deciding which one I should buy. Has anyone had experience with the two?

Marine Master:
S-SBDX017_b_large.jpg

post-23099-0-23147200-1433403442.jpg

U1 on rubber:
SI-120.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I prefer the mm300 for several reasons, first of which is it has a bracelet. I prefer the case design and overall look as well.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Owned both MM300 and U1. Sold the U1.
U1 is nice but no where near the level of the Seiko.
Tudor, naa. Seiko MM300 far better. Think Rolex is nearer a comparison. Tudor in house mvmnt may be nearer a competitor...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I own both , they are both great watches with completely different looks

the seiko is pure quality and attention to detail all over it really is pure class I can't fault mine at all it's the top Watch in my collection my favourite

but if there was ever a zombie apocalypse the sinn u1 is the watch I would grab its totally bullet proof made from submarine steel, I have my suspicions it actually UFO material it looks exactly the same as it did when I got it not a single swirl on it

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Too different to make general comparisons between the two. Decide how you're going to wear it most (smart casual settings or sportier ones) and choose accordingly.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I own both , they are both great watches with completely different looks

the seiko is pure quality and attention to detail all over it really is pure class I can't fault mine at all it's the top Watch in my collection my favourite

but if there was ever a zombie apocalypse the sinn u1 is the watch I would grab its totally bullet proof made from submarine steel, I have my suspicions it actually UFO material it looks exactly the same as it did when I got it not a single swirl on it

well, someone who owns both. Good comments. I will add, the submarine steel sinn uses is very similar in composition to 904L. However, no one has ever had any real issues with 316l, in normal situations, which is the industry standard. To me the bracelet makes it a no brainer in favor of the mm300.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think te MM is a super watch, but the U1 seems more ergonomic. I prefer the sthetic and has the german watch essence.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have barely worn my Tudor 79220R since getting my MM300. It is very versatile especially with the great aftermarket strap options.

It's not even as big as some make it out to be, my wrist is only 6.25" and I'm happy with the way it wears.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Sinn U1 is a unique and original design for tool dive watch and has some real personality. Oris Aquis (at a bit more than half the price) would be a strong contender as well and be ahead of the Seiko in my pecking order.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seiko has so many sub $1000 dive watches with similar looks I am not sure that is how I would spend my money. $2k although not a small amount of money in the watch world is in between money. What I mean is below the $1k there are so many well made similar dive watches that in the $2k range you kind of are just paying for advertising hype. Once you get into the $3500 and up you start seeing some better case quality and movements.

I have bought some expensive watches and always said ok it is cool but was it really worth it. I have bought some $1k watches that I stare at constantly and say wow how can that be a $1k.

Go look at them and hold them instead of online shopping. Walk into a store with an open mind and don't brand shop and you will be surprised what feels and looks better. Of course brands do sometimes mean quality so if there is a tie breaker use that as a decision.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Had a U2, and sold it. However, I've worn my MM300 for over a year straight. Just an amazing watch. I agree it's a little too heavy, but that disappeared after the first couple days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Got the U1T with the tegimented bracelet. Its an absolute tank of a watch and really heavy. Super legible at any angle and in any light and practically unscratchable. If you don't like scratches, this is for you!

I've also got the MM300 and I'm hugely fond of it. Nicer movement in this and the overall quality isn't far off a Sub (got one of those too!). The new Crafter Blue fitted rubber strap for the MM300 is genius. The only thing that really lets the MM300 down is the bracelet really. This piece is also really heavy. Keeper for me though as it's one of the finest watches I've owned.

Finally saw the Black Bay mentioned and I have one of those too. Overall this is a better quality watch than the U1T but probably on a par with the MM300. I love mine. Bracelet is mega comfy. Easily the coolest of the three.

They are all really really great watches. So much so I'd just pick the one you like the look of the most :-^

1 - 20 of 57 Posts