WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this discontinued model a few weeks ago. I far prefer no-date watches and I love symetrical dials, so I was sadddened to hear that they were no more and all gone. (Even though the Marine Original will be cool too).

And now.... Jorg has found me one! Woo hoo! I ordered from Jorg today so I am now in 'watching-out-for-the-courier' mode for the next few days.

Pics when it gets here....

R

·
0 Posts
quoll said:
I posted about this discontinued model a few weeks ago. I far prefer no-date watches and I love symetrical dials, so I was sadddened to hear that they were no more and all gone. (Even though the Marine Original will be cool too).

And now.... Jorg has found me one! Woo hoo! I ordered from Jorg today so I am now in 'watching-out-for-the-courier' mode for the next few days.

Pics when it gets here....
Wonderful! Yes, we'll have to see some photos when it arrives. redstart

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Marine No-Date - It's Here!

Well, it has arrived! (only took two days). My initial impression is that I think it is fantastic - so simple and functional at the same time as elegant. A classic.

Here is a quick first photo:

Those blue hands are hard to catch!

Now for the strap question. What do you think - dark brown, tan or blue? I have dark blue on the way so I'll try that when it arrives.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Congratulations, quoll ! :)

I have always pictured the Marine with a dark brown strap, but your mileage may vary. ;-)

Have you considered having the new hands set (differently shaped hour hand, blued second hand) mounted ?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I think this could end up being No.1 watch for me. (But then I do say that about a lot of new watches...).

I will try it on all three strap combos - I agree dark brown may be the winner but I am curious as to how it will look on blue. I don't think I have seen a photo of one on a blue strap before.

I had not noticed that the new Stowa hands had the second hand in blue also. There is another nearby thread with the new Marine hands in some detail I think. I think it is one detail too far for me - I'm happy as it is.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Marine No-Date - Blue Strap

Here is the watch on a dark blue 'Aerosport' - looks good in my opinion.

and here are those blue screws in close-up:

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Marine No-Date - Blue Strap

Looks pretty sharp on the blue strap, good match imho :-!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congratulations! Looks great!!! :-!

Let me know if your Kirova gets too much shelf time! ;-) :-D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frode said:
Congratulations! Looks great!!! :-!

Let me know if your Kirova gets too much shelf time! ;-) :-D
Thanks Frode - I'll do that, but don't get your hopes up!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And the third strap contender....

Probably my favourite. It has much more weight than the Stowa original strap and the colour suits well. Still, I can always change my mind....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Last one gets my vote as well! :gold

1 - 18 of 18 Posts